Component Prices and Time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Went to my local Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday. Primers were in...CCI SP, SR, LP Mag, Rem. SP 1 1/2. $5.54 per sleeve limit two sleeves per day. Also had Fiocchi SP primers, 150 count per sleeve at about $8 something. Again, why can SW sell primers at about $55 per brick (if they would let you have a brick) and we get hosed by the internet "Big Boys"?

...why can SW sell primers at about $55 per brick (if they would let you have a brick) and we get hosed by the internet "Big Boys"?

Guess it's a combination of 'supply & demand', plus whatever the retailer's 'company policy' happens to be. When I was in Arizona back in 2020-2021, there was a company called 'Shoppers Supply' (picture a Tractor Supply Company store) that sold guns & ammo. All through the panic, if they got any guns or ammo in, it got their standard pre-panic markup (which is the 'company policy' end of things). But they couldn't get a whole bunch in at any given time, because they were competing with everybody else (which is the 'supply & demand' end of things).

If & when demand drops off, prices should come down at the "Big Boys" also. I think I've already seen that starting - when I went to Scheel's to pick up a brick of CCI small rifle primers for a friend a week or so back, they were $84 instead of the $100+ I seem to remember. So maybe things are at least headed the right direction!

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
A couple months back Scheel's had a sale. I bought 11000 primers SPPs LPPs and SRPs Avg price on all...just over 71 dollars per. I also got 50 rd boxes of (US)9mm blow away ammo for 9.99 a box so I bought 20. I don't load 9mm(I can if necessary). I talked to a wholesale friend not long ago. Retail prices avg on US primers is supposed to be about 55 per. That said Scheel's has consistently had primers for the last few months...so they may be paying more to have stock. I'm still using some primers that cost under 10 dollars a 1000. but they will be gone soon

I bought 1000 Remington small rifle primers at Bass Pro Shops Sunday for right at $100 with tax.
I still have some of those $10 a brick primers but most of them were around $35.

Latest posts