Compensator noise reduction

Help Support Ruger Forum:

schmleff

Bearcat
Anyone have a compensator on their MkII? I am curious if it reduces the perceived noise the gun makes. I would like to shoot mine without hearing protection but is just too loud. Maybe not for some, but I make my living with my ears and need to keep them in good shape.

slabside-197x134.gif

yes, because all you are doing is "diverting" the gases, upward and directly in front of you,so you may hear more, or just "maybe" the concentration will be diverted from YOUR ears 'audible range'??????
having a suppressor ( silencer) is the only way to reduce most all the noise....'if it was a revolver, then you could go to and use shorts, subsonic, etc., type ammo.............

yes, you can have a 'silencer' "legally" built as long as its 'legal' in YOUR area (community.....) no, they ain't cheap........ :roll:

You should wear ear muffs ( hearing protection) someday you WILL wish you had...............

by the way, I have one of those Volquartzen breaks laying around here, like the one pictured, what are they going for now?? I'll sell you mine for $40 shipped, it's like brand new................

schmleff

Bearcat
I looked into a can, but its about $500 with the permit, can and barrel threading. I still may go that direction.

I always wear hearing protection.

Does your brake fit a slab side?

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
schmleff":1wsv4wkb said:
I looked into a can, but its about $500 with the permit, can and barrel threading. I still may go that direction.

That is the way to go if you don't want to wear hearing protection. I have a cheap tactical Innovations TAC-65 can and I love it as I can shoot all day without hearing protection and it makes a great quiet day shooting.

Best money I ever spent in many ways as I use the same supressor on my Walther P22, Glock 17 with Advantage Arms conversion, and Ruger 10/22. I need to get my Ruger 77/22 threaded next and it will be used on that too.

It should "fit" the slabside...the inside diameter of the tube is .877-in and the the unit is held on by using the front sight screw & hole from the gun....just remove the front sight /base and slip this on, replace the screw.............

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
rugerguy":337wlyxw said:
It should "fit" the slabside...the inside diameter of the tube is .877-in and the the unit is held on by using the front sight screw & hole from the gun....just remove the front sight /base and slip this on, replace the screw.............

There are different models to fit the "bull" barrel and the "slabside". You might want to check the Volquartsen site to make sure which it is.

A

Anonymous

I have just purchased some over the ear protection with the microphones
in them. I can hear fine but it suppresses the shot noise to a much lower level.
I gave 29.95 plus had to buy 2 AAA batteries. Caldwell brand. Best money I
have spent in a long time.
Rodney