Come on Ruger... Give ME what I want!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

piratedude

Single-Sixer
P90......... 10mm..... enough said.

Seriously the last thing I want to see is another 1911. On the other hand, Ruger has a quality handgun that has been around for 20 years, that being the P90. If this was produced in 10mm, then a lot of people would buy it. It may be necessary to make it with a steel frame, but given Ruger's casting techniques this should not be a big problem. A 10mm which can handle full power 10mm rounds would be fantastic.

VLTOR is coming out with the "new" Bren 10 in 10mm this year. Colt has reintroduced the Delta Elite in 10mm, and of course Glock still makes the G20 in 10mm. These guns are great, but the more 10mm's we can get on the market the better.

I am going to buy a Bren 10 this year. I may buy a Delta Elite to go with it. What would be great though would be if Ruger offered me a low cost 10mm on the side.... just something I can have for compatibility..... That's how I roll.

And hey.... a 10mm CARBINE to go with it would be FANTASTIC.

Oh and lets get a Mini-14 style carbine chambered to .50 Beowulf... Ok??? Thanks.

piratedude

Single-Sixer
mattsbox99":2u12idcn said:
Ok, seriously, how much crack are you smoking?

I don't even begin to understand your point.

Ok I get that you are making a personal attack on me. That said I don't smoke any crack or do any drugs.

What is it, you have a problem with recoil?

Not everyone wears pink underwear. You wouldn't know it if you listened to the .44 special/ .380 crowd, but there are still some men in America. Not all of us voted for Obama.

10mm is an awesome round. It was ditched for .40 S&W because female agents couldn't handle it. I am not a woman.

revhigh

Hawkeye
The 10MM is an awesome round. I have a G20 and it is a VERY good shooter. Think of it as a kind of .40 MAGNUM. If you shoot something with a 10MM, it STAYS SHOT.

That said, I don't think the demand would be there outside of those few who have discovered the excellence of the 10MM ... kind of like the 327 crowd I guess. It may be a good round, but most can easily do without it. Also, for an auto, it has some serious recoil. Nothing like a revolver, but it's pretty crisp for an auto. I like my G20, but to be honest, don't shoot it anywhere near as much as my 45's and 9's.

REV

airwin

Bearcat
I think it´s not only a question of manhood. For me the 10 mm simply is fun to shoot. It feels quite differnt to a 9 mm or even to a .45. The recoil with full power loads feels like a .357 Mag standard loading and is magagable for every general shooter. The 10 mm is a very good ammunition, therefore it should be respected more.
I think, Ruger never will introduce a 10 mm Auto again. The market for it is simply too petty. Ruger sales managers think in 10k and up numbers.

Agreed. I did not mean to disparage the 10mm . . . it's a quite viable performance big-bore. But it's true that the "performance" was off-putting to a certain percentage of officers, and that drove the "reduced" loadings in 10mm which in turn drove the development of the "10mm short" or 40 S&W.

Those who appreciate the original, full-house 10mm have a nice package that is pretty tough to beat.

I agree that it's unlikely that Ruger will offer a full-on 10mm . . . but I have been wrong before.

:)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
The 10 mm failed as a LE round for the same reason the 41 mag did. Too much blast and recoil for the majority of cops who aren't gun hobbyists. Requiring 1911-size or larger frame pistol to handle it didn't help it's popularity either.

If Ruger made a 90 in 10mm, I expect it would sell at the same rate that all other 10 mm's do, slowly.