Colt python price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
revhigh":1lve691r said:
That is NOT a MKIII. That is a Colt 357, an earlier gun that was built on the same frame as the Python (except for the little area where the ribbed barrel meets the frame on the Python). The 357 and the first-generation Trooper were basically the same gun with two different names, except of course that "357s" weren't built in .22LR.

Here's my .22 Trooper (first generation) and Python. You can see the trigger guard shape is the same.

PyTroop.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
gatorhugger":2na1is2h said:
Snake45":2na1is2h said:
The Pythons, Trooper III/V series (including King Cobra), and Diamondbacks (D-frames) each have distinctive trigger guard shapes that the experienced eye can spot from clear across the room. Learn these shapes and there will be NO DOUBT what you are looking at, instantly.

Can you elaborate? Are they all rounded? What?
Here's a pic of my two Diamondbacks. Compare the trigger guards with the pic I just posted above of Python and Trooper. Diamondback (and other Colt D-frame) trigger guards look very similar to most S&W trigger guards.

DBKGrips1.jpg

I don't own a MKIII but there's another thread running here that has photos of quite a few of them. They have their own distinctive trigger guard shape, which the MK Vs and King Cobras share.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I agree that the Diamondbacks are different, but the MK's and the King Cobra look the same (as a Python) to me. In your original post I thought you meant they were 3 different designs ... I only see 2 different ones ... the DB and the Python, MK's, and KC.

To me the KC and the Python look the same ....

Is that right ?

REV

Snake45

Hawkeye
revhigh":1nq3rtwv said:
I agree that the Diamondbacks are different, but the MK's and the King Cobra look the same (as a Python) to me. In your original post I thought you meant they were 3 different designs ... I only see 2 different ones ... the DB and the Python, MK's, and KC.

To me the KC and the Python look the same ....

Is that right ?

REV
No. I did mean there are three different designs.

Look again at the MK III/V trigger guards vs the Pythons/Troopers/357.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Wait a minute !! The Troopers ARE the MKIII, and V aren't they ?

REV

Snake45

Hawkeye
revhigh":2wuz4ln5 said:
Wait a minute !! The Troopers ARE the MKIII, and V aren't they ?

REV
There are three gens of Troopers--the originals on I (Python) frames, the MK IIIs, and the MK Vs. All three are different but the III and V look very similar. But very different from Python.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Gotcha ! I don't know as much as you do about the history of Colts and such. I just know what I like, and I like Pythons. I do have a bunch of other Colts that I don't really shoot at all.

Thanks for the info.

REV