Colorado Lakes I Fished & Caught Fish

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey Guys ,
Here are some of the lakes that are within 20 miles of South Fork. Wifie and I have been fishing in them for the last 7 weeks. I have also been doing stream fishing, but to tough for the Wifie.
Have had good days, REAL Good days and not so good days. Like Wifie says " When you get to fish in lakes like these, catching a fish is a bonus"
Jim

Pouge Lake It is at around 10,800' and ya have to hike in about a mile. Most of the time we are the only ones there. We have caugt a lot of Cutbows here. Our favorite lake. The pictures don't do it justice
1251472050.jpg

1251472200.jpg

Brown Lake
1251472199.jpg

Tucker Pond A little over 10,000'
1251472147.jpg

Big Meadows Probably at 10,000'
1251472111.jpg

A REAL Good day
1251390872.jpg

A 17 1/2" and a 19" Big Fat Rainbows
1251390875.jpg

The Mighty Fisherman with the 19"er. The biggest Rainbow that I have caught and was able to keep. One problem Might have to get a bigger frying pan :D :D
1251390874.jpg

1251390873.jpg

toolman

Bearcat
great looking pics

but c,mon man smile I,d be ear to ear if I ha d caught those fish on those lakes :) 8)

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
Great place to spend some time and those are some great catches. I too enjoy the South Fork area and have been going up there since 1995. Big Meadows is one of my favorite lakes. I also like Platoro Resevoir.

Call me crazy but it sure looks like you stayed at Fun Valley :D

Did I mention that I am jealous that you were able to spend 7 weeks there?

Here is a photo of me heading out across Big Meadows in my canoe this past July.
web.jpg

ltapd204 said:
Great place to spend some time and those are some great catches. I too enjoy the South Fork area and have been going up there since 1995. Big Meadows is one of my favorite lakes. I also like Platoro Resevoir.

Call me crazy but it sure looks like you stayed at Fun Valley :D

Did I mention that I am jealous that you were able to spend 7 weeks there?

Hey 204 Ya got it right. Wish I would have known you were in the area and we could have met. We are at Fun Valley. Been comming here since 1983 off and on. We have been here since July 10th. Where were you staying?
We went to Platoro and the Conejos River.
Jim

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
Wyandot Jim":3rz5y7sa said:
Hey 204 Ya got it right. Wish I would have known you were in the area and we could have met. We are at Fun Valley. Been comming here since 1983 off and on. We have been here since July 10th. Where were you staying?
We went to Platoro and the Conejos River.
Jim

We arrived at Fun Valley on July 4th and left on July 18th. Our site was in Riverside near the walking bridge by the waterfall on the river. Boy was it crowded this year. Wish we could have met too. Maybe next year.

contender":nshtnas0 said:
Don'tcha know using dynamite is illegal for fishing???
:D :D
Great pics and it looks like you had a great time!

Hey Contender
I stopped using DYNAMITE when one floated under the boat. That was not a good day fishing. Now I use Chartreuse with hot pink polka dot HAND GRENADES. They sink faster but some off the fish have parts missing. :D :D :D
Jim

Sixshot,
I know what ya mean. 8 weeks is to short of a stay. I wanted to stay another 2 weeks so I could shoot the CO. State CAS match. :( :(

contender":3rdeb6bx said:
Where can I get some of those special colored gerenedes??? :D :D

Contender,
If I told you I would have to kill ya :D :D :D
Wifie and I caught 10-12- nice ones yesterday at Tucker keep 8 which is the limit.
We just got back from Pouge with 8 Cutbows and one was a 14"er rest were 12"+-.
Started raining/sleeting on us and it was 42F. Wifie got a little cold.
I'm going back IN THE LIGHT RAIN where I caught the 19"er. Hope to catch his Brother or freeze doing it :roll:
Jim

Piper

Bearcat
Nice trout. biggest I got this year was a 15 inch Brown. Caught a bunch but not any big ones. You have to teach me my friend.

Drove by Fun Valley on the 15th of Sept and it was deserted.

Piper