Colorado centennial box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Are the Colorado centennial boxes commanding any value/interest? Got a numbered one recently.

are you talking about the red/white hinged box or the mahogany case?? either will sell, we've had them BOTH , many times over the years and they always 'sell'................all you gotta do is find the guy who "needs/wants" one or the other...........an ad in the classifieds will tell you quickly

BlkHawk73

Hunter
It's the red/black one. I guess there's that slim chance to find the one with the matching serial # as on the box.

Ha Ha, GOOD luck, we've had boxes for years and have yet to match one up to a gun.....close and yes , quite often,but do not recall a 'match' in say 40 years now....but , with the internet, and so many folks hopefully "paying attention", to numbers, it should occur and bet it has , must have for SOME-ONE...........

oh of course, if one picks up a gun and later on ,say the next show or so, the seller may come back and say "hey, I found the box for that gun I sold you,,,,,," but even then, for the most part, we have already moved the gun, and sadly some folks don't care about the box one way or the other....heck, we still come across boxes that people throw n the trash after (during) a gun show.............

by the way, you say "red/black....." ??? isn't it a hinged red/white, with a label on the end that has the "US BiCentennial logo or was it the Colorado Centennial?? seems to me it was a red,white and blue "76" design.....gosh, will have to look through my pictures now.....
Nah, maybe n the next couple of days....

Happy New Year

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh I heard that a guy once bought a 2 digit 357 and several months later a NON cat box showed up on ebay with the same number.....heck it could just be RUGER LORE :roll: :roll: :roll: no one could get that lucky :lol: :lol: :lol: or could they :shock: :shock: :shock: see ya RR.

41 nut

Bearcat
Last winter I bought a S&W model 28 357mag. While logging it in the serial number seemed familiar. The more I thought about it the more sure I was that I had recently seen that number on a box so I went to the basement and checked my tiny hoard of boxes. There it was the model 28 box with that number on the end. Had taken the box in with a model 29 44mag in it a few months prior.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
radicalrod":1q4ly87a said:
Gosh I heard that a guy once bought a 2 digit 357 and several months later a NON cat box showed up on ebay with the same number.....heck it could just be RUGER LORE :roll: :roll: :roll: no one could get that lucky :lol: :lol: :lol: or could they :shock: :shock: :shock: see ya RR.

.........................96??.......................

radicalrod

Hunter
yes I do believe it was #96..... though...... if ya hold it upside down and look at it in a mirror I think it may be #69.......Right BOB.....see ya RR.

Gosh, my old number #96 sure got around there...that gun was gotten by the guy who'se company supplied Ruger with their "oils & Lubricants" at the time, way back in 1955.....and being I did NOT collect 'centerfires' ( sorry not even 2 digit ones) we passed #96 on to ' RM' up north of us and in "fact" she (96) won a 'meda'l at the following NRA convention ,back in the early 90's.............gee Radical, did YOU get the medal to go along with the gun????? :roll:

Glad you and the '
box' got put back togther...nice job........... :wink:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
GRAMPS 51":fw0tt5j7 said:
Hi They were red/white hinged and there were two diferant end labels

And two box sizes - making three combos. The short one has the folded pocket in the end of the shipper for the second cylinder box.

RCC-cardboard-1.jpg

Latest posts