College Prof states that there are only two genders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckaroo

Banned
A sane university would have promptly expelled the entire class, on grounds that they aren't emotionally mature enough for college. Alas, there don't appear to be any sane universities left in this country.

It's all about the benjamins as some say. Approximately 60% in college today could have never gotten in even 20 years ago with the grades they had. The schools hooked up with Sammy and revised the structure of school loans to keep tenured burnouts employed.

Then we find out barely 25% of the loan actually goes towards the education. Most are in default with the taxpayers on the hook. And they graduate just as dumb as when they started.

caryc

Hawkeye
So if a woman has breast cancer and has her breasts removed she is mutilated.?
Oh come on...a cut off breast is a cut off breast no matter the reason for doing it. I'm sure it's not the choice for a woman with breast cancer, that is if she wants to live.

How could you even compare the two incidents. What a moron. Those other idiots don't have a good reason for doing it.

It ain't worth us getting our panties in a wad regardless of whether the story is true or not.

I grew up in rural S.C. homophobic.... now I know many homosexuals... and you know what? Not one has tried to convert me or proposition me.

I'm not worried about the 'flaming queers'.
What scares me is the 'flaming bigots."
Sorry, I may have gotten too close to home.

lolbell

Single-Sixer
It’s the “flaming queers” that I have a problem with. The ones that get all in your face and demand that you be more like them and demand special attention. The gays that just go about life, I got no problem with. If that makes me a flaming bigot, so be it.

JackBull

Single-Sixer
When this Prof stated that there are only two genders, all his students walked out and stated the he should be removed.

So, let me ask you this. If you put a Chevy engine in an old Ford is the vehicle now a Chevrolet? I don't think so. I'm so sick of hearing about idiot students. They think they should be running the world.
Its not just schools/students. My employer is pushing the "equity" line (whites are to blame for everything)pretty hard. Take a look at the job ads, many companies require the employees to support "equity" without defining it.

JackBull

Single-Sixer
It’s the “flaming queers” that I have a problem with. The ones that get all in your face and demand that you be more like them and demand special attention. The gays that just go about life, I got no problem with. If that makes me a flaming bigot, so be it.
And the trans that dance/hump/expose themselves with children, often with parental blessings. This behavior is demonic.

JackBull

Single-Sixer
It ain't worth us getting our panties in a wad regardless of whether the story is true or not.

I grew up in rural S.C. homophobic.... now I know many homosexuals... and you know what? Not one has tried to convert me or proposition me.

I'm not worried about the 'flaming queers'.
What scares me is the 'flaming bigots."
Sorry, I may have gotten too close to home.
You are oblivious to what is happening in the real world. This is substantiated by your use of the word homophobic.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Some people(?) will do ANYTHING to attract attention to themselves.
Until it became a big deal to be (@#%%^), those pursuing that path stayed hidden 'in the closet'. Anyone foolish enough to display such tendencies was humiliated, abused, and ostracized.
In more direct words, they got beat up. This kept these deviates out of sight and mind most of the time. Now, with all the legislated acceptance that's forced upon us, such activities are strictly forbidden and the 'strange folks' use every opportunity to display their strangeness.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
What I don't understand is why are they so proud of being gay and shoving it in our faces? It's kind of like us being proud to be in with a basket of deplorables. I've known a lot of real women in my lifetime and non of them went flitting around all limp wristed like those faireys do. To me they're just idiots. They're not trying to be women. I don't know what they are trying to be.
They're trying to be noticed. "Look at me, I'm SPECIAL!"

Yeah . . . you're "special" all right. :ROFLMAO:

vito

Hunter
When people cannot agree on the definition of a word there will be confusion and/or disagreements. Many states consider motorized trikes, i.e., 3 wheeled vehicles with an engine, to be motorcycles. But many motorcyclists do not consider them to be "real" motorcycles. Fortunately this disagreement is not overly emotionally laden and most of us can just agree to disagree. But when it comes to gender it becomes a much more emotional subject. Most people (I assume) define gender and sex interchangeably, as humans have done for most of human history. But there are those that define the word "man" or "woman" not by biology, but by "feeling". If you accept that re-definition, then yes, a male can be a "woman" if he "feels" that he is a woman. I don't accept that redefinition of the meaning of "man" and "woman" but obviously some people do. So without a clear definition of these words we cannot ever reach some sort of agreement or understanding.

As to "non-binary", I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. It might mean what we previously called "bisexual", i.e., a person attracted to both men and women. Or it might mean an asexual person, of which there are probably more than most of us imagine. These people are not sexually attracted to anyone or anything. I think that I have met more than one woman who was asexual when I was younger, a person with little or no interest in sex but who might or might not be willing to engage in sex just for the satisfaction of the other person (or maybe it was just me that resulted in them not being interested in sex, who knows?). For whatever reason, I think that some of today's asexuals are using the phrase "non binary" to mean the same thing.

contender

Ruger Guru
Back to the OP & the content of the post.
A college professor claimed one thing, and the entire class walked out.

A college is SUPPOSED to be a place of learning. Part of learning is to ask questions, put forth comments, and study as much information as possible.
The students were wrong to walk out. Fail them.
The professor could have, (maybe he did or didn't) challenge the class to study the issue & present their arguments, in a manner to learn, or as we say; "Use it as a teaching moment."

Judging by the many responses here, it reflects the general world we now live in.

First, some look at Religion (God & the Bible,) for their answer. Fine. Nobody can definitively say that God is standing here, pointing out the Bible as the total proof. We just have our Faith to rely upon and the Bible as our guide. Something that's been done for centuries. But until my own Judgement day,, or the Second Coming,,, we will not get the total proof of God & the Bible & what is right or wrong.

Next, we have science. As Colonial Girl has pointed out, science has proven that there are occasional real physical differences in our bodies & brains. And look at history,, we've all seen animals AND people born that were not "normal" according to the general population. As noted, some born with both male & female parts, or even an extra leg, arm, two heads, etc. Science & medical research has been able to allow many such abnormalities to survive & live full lives.

I'm NOT here to judge,, as it's not my place to do so.

But, I think that caryc was trying to make a point,, in that a percentage of people want to force their own personal ideas or lifestyles upon the masses.

I don't care how you choose to live your life.

I don't care if you claim to be Christian, Atheist, Democrat, Republican, Gay, Straight, Trans, fat, ugly, ugly, beautiful, good, bad, or whatever.

My ONLY care is that NOBODY has the right to FORCE me to accept their ways or lifestyles. I make my own decisions, and choices for my life. I have enough worries with my own life to where trying to get on TV, or do extreme things to get noticed or force others to accept my ways is a waste of time.

I think caryc was trying to make a point of how the world has taken a turn to where too many people are trying to force a personal agenda upon the masses.

If you choose to be Democrat or Republican, Christian or Atheist, gay or straight, or whatever,, FINE! I have friends in all the above. INCLUDING people here. I accept them as they are. And I can call them my friends BECAUSE they do not try & force their beliefs or lifestyles upon me. We accept each other as we are.

ronto

Buckeye
When I bought and sold antiques for a hobby I dealt with many antique stores and most of the owners were homosexual. The majority were very conservative in their political views, didn't impose their sexual preference on anyone and always treated me fairly. They were good honest people that I would want as neighbors.

Latest posts