Cold and snowy makes for more ammo!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Snow again today and coupled with the last couple weeks of cold weather,I getting caught up on my reloading.
So far I have Colt .45 Slammer loads done and finished up the Missouri Bullets .44 Mag 300 gr. Hammer loads.
Next up I am working on the so called "FBI" load for .38 Special using Rim Rocks 158 gr. SWC-HP bullets which should be here by next week.
Meanwhile back to my cleaning of .38 Special brass which I have a bunch of!

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I found an accurate load for my 77 .270 W on Christmas Eve. 140 Hornady and IMR 4320. I have a few to load at this recipe. Ready to get back to shooting! Forecast is 50 degrees by Saturday.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
Unfortunately for me, when it gets cold here I don't want to reload. I reload in an unheated garage and it's just too darn uncomfortable when the temps dip into the 20s at night. Good news is that it doesn't happen that often. The winter storm that dumped 5 inches of snow here on the SC coast, and had temps in the low 20s and teens for almost a week was pretty much unprecedented around here.

I keep threatening to load up a quantity of ammo in advance so I don't have to make sure I have enough for the weekly range trip my daughter and I make. Haven't had much success with that yet.

Mus408

Hunter
Clovishound said:
Unfortunately for me, when it gets cold here I don't want to reload. I reload in an unheated garage and it's just too darn uncomfortable when the temps dip into the 20s at night. Good news is that it doesn't happen that often. The winter storm that dumped 5 inches of snow here on the SC coast, and had temps in the low 20s and teens for almost a week was pretty much unprecedented around here.

I keep threatening to load up a quantity of ammo in advance so I don't have to make sure I have enough for the weekly range trip my daughter and I make. Haven't had much success with that yet.

I moved my reloading setup into the house in my gun room. The primer removal operation I still do in the garage on an old single stage press. Yesterday I was bundled up doing the deprime in 43 degree temps! In the house I can reload in comfort while keeping the loader and powder in a stable environment.

I used to do most of my sizing chores during the cold periods. I'll not be doing much(any) until I get my shoulder repaired so the empty brass just keeps piling up.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I've been cleaning and priming lots of cases, and about ready to start a couple days of mega-reloading.

Psb1911

Single-Sixer
I've used up my supply of Keith 357 bullets handloading a few thousand 38's last week!

Mus408

Hunter
My storage cabinet for ammo is now crammed full of all the calibers I shoot.
Will have to re-organize and find more room or yes get out and shoot more!