Colapsed firing pin rebound spring

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tslepebull

Single-Sixer
Well, I have found some problems with my new to me security six. First of all the firing pin rebound spring appears to be colapsed. The pin moves freely but will not return if pushed forward. It had been a bit stickey and I had blown solvent through it but now has no spring action moving it back. The second wierd thing I have noticed is that the hammer can be pulled back past the single action sear where it stops like a secondary sear. Trigger pull from this point has a lot of creep. If the hammer is pulled back slowly it will stop at the regular single action sear and the break is clean but if it is pulled back firther it will bypass the single action sear and set back further.

I am not sure exactly what to do with it. The cost of repairs may be prohibitive. The gun has been refinished and i have heard Ruger is unhappy about working on refinished guns. What should I do with this?

GP100man

Buckeye
Contact the New Hampshire service center for revolver service at 1-603-865-2442 & explain your situation & then make a more informed decision from there.

If I wanted to keep it no ?? I`d send it in because ruger ain`t gonna sell ya a trigger or hammer & sounds as if ya need 1 or the other!!

Wanted to add :shippin alone is $$ nowadays on a handgun & some one has to sign for it to recieve it also, so check your services & see who will do what for how much$$.

Tslepebull

Single-Sixer
Thanks GP. Maybe they will have pity on me and work on it even though it has been refinished. The matte hard chrome rreally does look good.

Tslepebull

Single-Sixer
I spoke to my trusted local gunsmith today. He said nothing I described was an insurmountable problem. I will drop it off with him after lunch.