Coffee Mugs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
Wash or rinse. I just rinse it out when I'm done. Sometimes I may do a real wash, but the stains remain. It's part of its character.

HW11

Single-Sixer
We have a cabinet full of mugs but I almost always use one of the 3 of these that I have.
20231203_221849.jpg

Chief

Single-Sixer
I've seen many a cup like that. I am a retired Senior Chief who doesn't drink coffee. At my CPO initiation that was a long discussion if I could become a Chief without drinking coffee. I have the hooked finger. I drink tea and wash my cup every couple of day, usually just a quick rinse.

These are a couple of my Navy cups. Bought this from a "Hey Joe" on the quay my first time in Athens, Greece in 1970, Used it for 4 years while on the Independence. Then I got the second one just before I left the Indy in 1974.
View attachment 34335

View attachment 34336
Senior, I didn't know snipes knew what tea was 😁 I'm sure your initiation was, how shall I say, interesting?

black1970

Single-Sixer
2 of my favorites. Also my favorite knife. Case stag Moose Classic.

Attachments

• 86F47320-E6B6-4ABA-9017-CE84E99ACF26.jpeg
    86F47320-E6B6-4ABA-9017-CE84E99ACF26.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 28

RC44Mag

Buckeye
In the Naval tradition my go to coffee mug is quite "Salty"
When I was in the fleet the saying going around was, if we run out of coffee all we need to do is add boiling water to empty mug and the remnants left will make passable coffee. It gets a quick rinse in hot water and air dries is all. My wife gave up long ago and accepted this time honored tradition.

There are probably 50 mugs in the cupboard and 47 of them say... "Life Is Good". My wife is in love with their junk.. I have 2 mugs that I normally use at home for tea. I have a Krispy Kreme mug at the local diner that was evicted when the Life Is Good invasion took over...

Jack Ryan

Single-Sixer
They aren't my favorites or anything but I always try to buy all those "keep it warm" sippy kind of mugs at yard sales for next to nothing. Then I paint them camo and cut a section off the bottom of the handle so you can hook it over a tree limb while sitting in a tree stand. I've got cups hanging in trees all over three or four counties. Just nicer than the no handle cup usually on a thermos.

Senior, I didn't know snipes knew what tea was 😁 I'm sure your initiation was, how shall I say, interesting?
I was a "Fresh-air" snipe (IC man) and didn't spend all my time in the engine rooms/boiler rooms. It was interesting, Newport RI in 1981. I caught a lot of flak over the years about not being a real Chief because I didn't drink coffee.

Strawdog

Bearcat
Well, I think I'm in good company... I perk a pot of coffee every couple days. First cup is hot. It takes a couple days to finish the rest of the pot , yes cold. I'll wash the cup every couple of months and it will look good for a day or two. I picked up this habit from my dad. He had a huge mug that he would make a cup of instant coffee hot every morning that he would sip throughout the day. I prefer the perked coffee though. He made his instant coffee so strong that it was just shy from being able to stand a spoon up in it.
nsmtH2Om.jpg

Ya, my desk is a mess.

Well, I think I'm in good company... I perk a pot of coffee every couple days. First cup is hot. It takes a couple days to finish the rest of the pot , yes cold. I'll wash the cup every couple of months and it will look good for a day or two. I picked up this habit from my dad. He had a huge mug that he would make a cup of instant coffee hot every morning that he would sip throughout the day. I prefer the perked coffee though. He made his instant coffee so strong that it was just shy from being able to stand a spoon up in it.
nsmtH2Om.jpg

Ya, my desk is a mess.

Life is way too short to drink cold, bitter coffee that was made days ago. And so-called :"instant" coffee is not really coffee at all. All of this makes me twice as glad that I use a Keurig machine and have every mug made fresh and hot, and I drink it out of a clean coffee mug that was washed and sanitized in my new dish washing machine. I really feel for some of you guys who drink crappy coffee from a dirty coffee mug!

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I used to share an office with a woman who thoroughly washed her coffee mug after every use. I would *maybe* rinse (a quick slosh of water, if that) mine out between refills. I used to say that mine was at just the right level of seasoning that if the coffee pot was ever empty, I would just have to fill my cup with hot water and the coffee would brew itself...She would just wrinkle her nose and laugh...

I work at home now and drink a pot of mid-grade (50/50 mix of Regular and Unleaded) black coffee a day. Here's my properly-seasoned mug:
IMG_20231205_104100273.jpg

The Bubba mug is ice water. The green silicone lid prevents splashing during transport and also keeps it surprisingly warm if left standing for long.

Aqualung

Attachments

• IMG_20231205_104100273.jpg
    IMG_20231205_104100273.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 17

BearBiologist

Buckeye
While clerking in the Army, we did have a "contest" sorta on dirtiest white "CPO" mug!

Because (1) my first trip to Yellowstone was done at the same time as I turned in my first draft of my MS Thesis on bear behavior and (2) we foolishly thought I was done with it, my wife bought me this one while we were at Yellowstone:

1701795458707.png

This is my favorite travel mug/cup= has keep ice cubes for over 4 hrs in 100F temps and coffee hot for 6 hours on a drive through a blizzard!: (Now, discontinues!)

1701795754340.png

Last edited: