C'mon Ruger Get With The Program!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
:wink: LOL! That ol' P-85 is probably still sitting somewhere at the bottom of Lake Mc Murray in Skagit County over in Western Washington State. Oh I dunno, maybe it'll make a nice paper weight or a door stop, that is of course if one saw fit to do a little diving come Springtime. :D

mcfraser

Bearcat
I like my p345...Did have a problem with it not chambering a round, but when I tightened my grip, it was fine...very accurate

Russ7777

Bearcat
I would love to see Ruger make a compact semi-auto in the .40s&W simular to the Glock 23.
I sent them a message, and asked if anything was in the works, but they said no, so I am putting a glock 23 on lay-a-way soon.

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
P345-1.jpg

I like my P345 and it wears a light after dark but may have to put on a bayonet (LOL) If I could find a holster i like life would be good.

Mike J

Hunter
I kinda wish Ruger would make a more refined P-series. Kinda like a P-345 without all the lawyer features. I wanted an SR-9 when they first came out but watching all the problems on this forum has pretty much cooled that. I like my P-944 but I don't know if I will ever buy another Ruger semi or not. Not that I buy as much or as often as many here. I tend to get a new gun every couple of years or so. So I'm probably not that big of a loss anyway.

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
If the Pea Brains up in CunnNettyCutt had any sense they would have chambered the P-345 in a variety of calibers as I've mentioned earlier. The P-345 is a great little package to build on. Had they done this, Ruger could have focused on building one hell of a gun, rather than lanquishing in mediocrity. :roll:

Mike J

Hunter
I remember a couple of years ago when many members here were clamoring for them to make a striker fired gun. They did it but they have mucked it up pretty badly. That isn't to say I don't think the SR-9 could be a good gun if they had better quality control. But if they don't do something they are going to get the kind "hit or miss" reputation Taurus has.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":2vm8g6uk said:
But if they don't do something they are going to get the kind "hit or miss" reputation Taurus has.

Sorry to say Mike, but they pretty much already have earned that reputation. Many shops in my area don't carry the Ruger semi-autos anymore (except for the LCP) ... special order only at the customer's request with 100 % payment upfront. Even die hard revolver fans won't buy a Ruger sight unseen anymore .... if they can't inspect it, they won't buy it.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
The dealer I bought my P-11 from at the gunshow last year told me that they had seen more problems from Rugers (some with the revolvers even). I hate that. Like I said I like my P-944. I wouldn't mind getting another P-series sometime but who knows of all the guns I own the only thing I have 2 from the same manufacturer of are Mossberg shotguns & Marlin model 60's. I only bought one of the model 60's the other one was my Dads & I got it after he died. Thats a gun I would rather hadn't come available to me.

GaryT

Bearcat
aWoods":15xcry5d said:
Yosemite Sam":15xcry5d said:
I just posted this over in the Revolvers section in reply to a similar post, but it's just as germane here:

Gee, how about someone develop a new gun that is both functional and nice to look at? Everything that has come out in the last ten years has been geared to the "Tactical Ted" types, with useless accessory rails and square "combat" trigger guards. Not everyone is a SEAL wannabe; Can we get some actual styling? How about a carry pistol that's not 1.5" or more wide? A large caliber weapon with the styling of a Sig P232? Something with a trigger reach that people born after 1900 might find useful? (Humans are generally bigger now than 100+ years ago.)

The market doesn't need another 1911 or Glock clone, so that is almost guaranteed to be the direction the corporate bean counters will go. Herd mentality, and all that.

-- Sam

Your comment about accessory rails being useless perplexes me.

I agree with Sam... I don't put lights, lasers, bayonets on my pistols, so I have no use for an accessory rail and find them ugly, and in some cases, a hindrance to drawing the gun from some holsters. I have a P345, no rail, and it fits my definition of a perfect carry gun: compact, lightweight, potent caliber, easy to conceal, and to top it off, it looks good, too!