Clu Gulager, a veteran actor known for his roles in multiple television Westerns, has died. He was 93.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
I remember him best in his role of the marshall in the Virginian. Not many of the characters in that series is still around. Not sure how to post a picture here but I think many of us old timers will remember his face.

He's one of those guys you see all of you life in movies and never know his name.

Last edited:

Ride1949

Blackhawk
Sad to hear this. Another good one gone. They're dropping like flies lately. RIP

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

There are those actors you've seen 100s of times yet still arent sure which face goes with what name. He was one of those guys to me. Rest in peace, Sir.

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
I sure remember him on Virginian. Good actor. James Drury passed also not long ago. Glad Clu had a long life at least. Thanks for the post.

375supermag

Single-Sixer
I remember Clu Gulager from The Tall Man and The Virginian. He was very good in those roles.
Never saw that much of him after those shows.
He seemed to be a pretty good actor. Sorry to hear of his passing

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
One of my favorites along with actor Jack Elam. No one played a better desperado or outlaw than Jack. Only had one eye and he could sure look mean.

I always enjoyed watching him.

1660020114665.png
1660020192018.png

Last edited:

black1970

Single-Sixer
He was in one of the 3 Buford Pusser movies (Walking Tall) filmed here in my county. Always enjoyed seeing him. While here he ate at one of the local restaurants. They had a picture of him that he signed paying for one of his meals.

Latest posts