cleaner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

txbounty hunter

Bearcat
Hey Guy's....

Boy with a whole month of October gone and a new month started, I have a question that maybe you all can help me with.
Up in my late 70's (will be 75 11-07) what is the best all around cleaner and oil to use. I have had heard of so many I can't even begin naming. I would like a all in one if possible. I have been using Ballistol and love it because it cleans and just a little drop on the slide rails and wipe down and I'm through.

But I have about 8 people on different gun ranges I go to say it is no good.

Your answers will be highly appreciated. :D

explorecaves

Bearcat
I personally use Gun Scrubber and follow it up with Ultima-Lube II on the critical areas.

If you are looking for an all in one, Eezox or Breakfree CLP are decent alternatives to Ballistol....

Verndog

Blackhawk
txbounty hunter said:
But I have about 8 people on different gun ranges I go to say it is no good.

Your answers will be highly appreciated. :D

I wise man once told me...."if it works don't fix it". :wink:

You could prob. find 50 other people that think those 8 are full of it also.

My guess is when this thread dies 2 will come out on top are Hoppes and Remoil. I'm using Hoppes now and it works fine, but no better then the cheap cleanbore 3 in 1 lube I've used for 20 years prior. The gunscrubber does work well for hosing out stuff like trigger and striker assemblies.

txbounty hunter

Bearcat
Gee Whiz......

Thank you guy's.......Your impact to my question was great. I guess I will stay with Ballistol, but have alternatives to buy if needed.

A wise man once also said......"To Each His Own".

Thank you again, Guys.. :D :D :D :D