Classy Classic Pronghorn

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
I just cannot pass up an opportunity to "capture" one like this in my black box. Cattle sale was called off today so I headed to the antelope patch- found three and this one was the middle sized one. The small one was real nice the big one was "Leroy". Gary
IMG_8958.jpg

mt

Single-Sixer
You take some neat photo's. I like the mesquite bush and some of your other photo's with the antelope standing among the cholla cactus. I wouldn't want to be doing the low crawl in that country.

Contender: I think I saw in another thread that you were heading north for a hunt soon. There was a store (in the mid 90's) in Pinedale, WY that had a fantastic collection of taxidermy. Among the antelope were some amazing non typicals. I spent hours looking at those heads. I think the name of the store was Faler's ???. It was a great place for a first time antelope hunter from Texas to get an idea of what a good trophy could look like.

I was too embarassed to take pictures in the store back then but I sure regret it now.

mt

contender

Ruger Guru
If I get time, I may have to see if I can make it to Pinedale & look into that. I have had the pleasure of filling exactly 1 antelope tag. But I took pics of MANY of them in the trips I've made to Wy. Including some genuine trophys. Did I tell ya about the 17" 'lope I took pics of from 50 yds the day after I filled my tag,,,???

mt

Single-Sixer
contender":g4vj9i1m said:
Did I tell ya about the 17" 'lope I took pics of from 50 yds the day after I filled my tag,,,???

Like the picture's on this thread...THEY KNOW when they're in danger! I don't know how they know but they do. :D

mt