Christmas came early.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
Walked into a local shop about 10:00 AM this morning,.Walked out with a 1-B in 280 Remington with an old Weaver V9 in about 95% condition.Now it's lonely brother 1V 280 will have company.Best part,it cost me $500 total.

280.jpg

roofinspector

Single-Sixer
That is a nice looking rifle.

Your number for price is about what we pay around here for preowned No.1's regardless of caliber or model. Market for used No.1's seems more reasonable now, lots of them around.

Glad you found a nice one.

Great rifle and price!

I wish they were priced like that around here. Not many No. 1s in my area. There is only one that I know of and it is a prewarning No. 1V in .22-250 with a good amount of use. As it sits with a 3-9 Leupold the price is $795 if I remember correctly.

Do you buy many rifles in .280?

rugnelli

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
rugnelli":1ijmc0fd said:
Great rifle and price!

I wish they were priced like that around here. Not many No. 1s in my area. There is only one that I know of and it is a prewarning No. 1V in .22-250 with a good amount of use. As it sits with a 3-9 Leupold the price is $795 if I remember correctly.

Do you buy many rifles in .280?

rugnelli

Depends on what configuration.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Very nice #1! Great price as well! I have found my M77MKII in .280 to be very accurate and it has taken a few deer, I really like the .280 Rem cartridge.

wunbe

Buckeye
Congrats on a great buy! And on owning a 1V in the caliber too!

The .280 Rem is a spectacular deer killer. None I have shot with it have taken a step. A true bang-flop rifle. 140 gr Hornadys or Balistic Tips in the boiler room are like magic.

I do a lot fishing and crusiing around your area and have never found a shop with such deals. It must be the economy. But evn then average inet prices are running way higher...

wunbe

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
wunbe":2bvk3yks said:
Congrats on a great buy! And on owning a 1V in the caliber too!

The .280 Rem is a spectacular deer killer. None I have shot with it have taken a step. A true bang-flop rifle. 140 gr Hornadys or Balistic Tips in the boiler room are like magic.

I do a lot fishing and crusiing around your area and have never found a shop with such deals. It must be the economy. But evn then average inet prices are running way higher...

wunbe

If you ever get around Duncansville,PA,stop at Allegheny Trade. :wink:

What a great find. That's my deer-blind rifle, only in .270. I just did my first complete takedown cleaning last night (after many years of use). Tried to follow Ruger tech tips video. PC upstairs, gun cleaning in basement. Got lots of exercise up & down stairs. Went OK, but not as smooth as in the video. odd-the action seems a little tighter than before.