check SR9 Trigger bar clearance!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Even after 300 rds. the trigger pull was still hard. Just by pure luck, while I had the slide off I took a business card and tried sliding it between the [inside] the frame and the trigger bar. It would just start to go in, but NO further, then I forced the corner in alittle further and removed it.I believe the bar was dragging on the frame= increase trigger pull! So I folded the business card over so its twice as thick and and re forced the corner in and slide it forward some. let it set for 3-4 minutes. I recheck it with a single card which now would go in and slide along most of the trigger bar with out too much drag. Go slow and try to get a little clearance. The trigger pulls SO much smoother and seem like its down to 5 lbs pull now. I hope this helps some else!

scmartin23

Bearcat
I took some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and sort of "massaged" the frame where the trigger bar rubs. My trigger is really good, but the gun has 6000 rounds through it.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
scmartin23":cbxk9zax said:
I took some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and sort of "massaged" the frame where the trigger bar rubs. My trigger is really good, but the gun has 6000 rounds through it.

The trigger bar should not RUB in the first place,I wonder if there getting bent during instillation at Ruger. Mine was rubbing too, its was bend in to-wards the frame .005 to .010 , I couldnt even start a dollar bill between frame + trigger bar.That made the trigger pull heavier. :roll:

810wmb

Single-Sixer
this just hit me -

i have had only 1 ftf with my sr9 - it came after i had tried this - i ran a business card in between the bar and frame after i read this. i never doubled it, as my trigger has gotten better over time anyway. i tried it mostly to see how tight it was - it WAS tight.

also, i shoot right handed, but left eye dominate - the ftf was when i was trying shooting with my left hand. i was just wanting to see what i could do lefty.

the question - any ftf after the business card thing?

would a limp wrist cause a trigger to fail to reset?

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
810wmb":1nagafg9 said:
this just hit me -

i have had only 1 ftf with my sr9 - it came after i had tried this - i ran a business card in between the bar and frame after i read this. i never doubled it, as my trigger has gotten better over time anyway. i tried it mostly to see how tight it was - it WAS tight.

also, i shoot right handed, but left eye dominate - the ftf was when i was trying shooting with my left hand. i was just wanting to see what i could do lefty.

I did the business card trick, NO trigger reset issues. The SR-9 has had a few reported issues with some trigger failing to reset. The question is "Was
this cause by limp Wrist" useing your left hand. Was it just 1 time in 100 ?

810wmb

Single-Sixer
3leggeddog":3mii4cre said:
810wmb":3mii4cre said:
this just hit me -

I did the business card trick, NO trigger reset issues. The SR-9 has had a few reported issues with some trigger failing to reset. The question is "Was

1 time in 1600 or so!

this is why it's bothered me!

i had forgotten i tried the credit card thing about a week before shooting the pistol again (i cleaned the pistol after shooting, read this thread, tried it, put the gun away)

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
810wmb":1h6uoaoe said:
3leggeddog":1h6uoaoe said:
810wmb":1h6uoaoe said:
this just hit me -

1 time in 1600 or so!

this is why it's bothered me!

i had forgotten i tried the credit card thing about a week before shooting the pistol again (i cleaned the pistol after shooting, read this thread, tried it, put the gun away)

I only cause it to bend out enough to slide a business card[non folded] with some drag on it ,oh-may be 2/3 of the way up + back. Not all the way to each end! I'd shoot some more rounds before getting upset. It may have been a 1 time thing. I have shot at lease another 200 rds after bending mind out- NO problems! Lets us know.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
810wmb":2c3gm37v said:
thanks - i have shot about 100 more rounds through it - no problems at all.

it's just bugged me since it happened

but during that round of shooting, i had a little piece of metal come off the barrel. it's at ruger now

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=64896

Thanks for getting back to me, Ruger's got my SR-9 also. The barrel has peening + some odd wear at some points.