Cheap Muzzleloading Toy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tek4260

Buckeye
101_0991.jpg

Since you can use pretty much anything during "primitive" weapon season here in MS now, old smokepoles are about useless and worthless. I bought this Renegade from my dealer for $25, and he made a profit... Then, promptly cut it back to 16.5" and mounted a Rem 700 sight. Talk about a blast to shoot :D But, I think 100gr is a waste with this legnth.

May have to take a deer with it. Oh well, if I get tired of it I can always pitch the barrel and sell the stock for a nice little profit.

Really is sad how little these will bring when you look at new prices. About 2 years ago, we sold 10 MK-85's at a Southaven gun show for $300(for all 10) most had scopes.... :?

Irish gunman

Bearcat
$25 !!!! Man why can't I find deals like that!!! A renegade in my neck of the woods will set you back at least $250 to $300! If you run across any more $25 smokepoles let me know!

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I love short guns , I have a CVA flint lock I cut down like that for the grand son to shoot.We havent shot it yet...

tek4260

Buckeye
Well, I am sure some will be wanting to get rid of them soon enough. Hunting season is just around the corner. Do you want older ones like this or will inlines work? Tons and tons of Knights still floating around and lots of Encore ML barrels.

I regret I got rid of my last muzzleloader steal. It was a mint TC Cherokee in 36 cal and it also came with an extra 45 barrel. Talk about slim and light. Carried it to a gunshow and the first person to ask about it gave me $400 for it without blinking. He was really pleased when I told him about the extra barrel. He didn't give me time to tell him that I had it in the truck before he started counting out $ for just the rifle. I think I had to give $50 for it.

don44

Hunter
I have taken several deer with my Renegade over the years. It's always done the job for me.