Charger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Olney

Bearcat
I just purchased a Ruger Charger and it is a fantasic gun for us old farts whose hands shake all over the place, the question I have is it allowed to be used in regular competition? or is it just a fun gun

Motex66

Single-Sixer
It's a gun built after it's time.
It would be great for IHMSA competition with open sights. Put on a red dot or scope for us old guys.
When I lived in Delaware I belonged to a club that shot indoor silhouette on Monday nights. Scope and open class. Great time at that. Weekends were spent shooting 22 silhouette in adjoining states.
Will it fit in bullseye check box? I'm thinking not.
It is a fun gun. My club would let you shoot it. Don't want to tell anyone they can't shoot a safe gun of appropriate caliber for the game being played.
You shoot for grins. They hope you will like the game an get the correct guns. 22 Rifle Silhouette comes to mind, just don't show them up to bad.
If you are unable to find a competition to shoot it in start one. It worked for Eligin Gates with IHMSA. It is working great for The Wild Bunch with CASS .
Have fun.
Be safe.
John

Olney

Bearcat
Thanks for the info mate, another bloke in the club just bought one too so when the others see our grins they might get interested ,Thanks again

jdc

Bearcat
I shoot mine in IHMSA, it's never shot under a 39 and shot a 40 1st time out. Gotta love it.
cimg0257.jpg

what's the eye relief on that scope and how do you hold it to shoot? I thought about putting my Millet tactical scope on mine but could not figure out how to hold it steady and meet the rules.

What kind of barrel is that?

jdc

Bearcat
blume357":uee4q6yz said:
what's the eye relief on that scope and how do you hold it to shoot? I thought about putting my Millet tactical scope on mine but could not figure out how to hold it steady and meet the rules.

What kind of barrel is that?

The eye relief is 3" and it's shot prone (but can't be on the ground). Jared 1# trigger and Volq 10" barrel.

Warning... I had a problem with my Charger. I wanted to improve the trigger just like I did on one of my 10/22s with a new Volquartsen spring and hammer... it did improve the trigger but I discovered later that if I pulled the trigger with the safety on (no bang) and then pushed the safety off the hammer would fall (bang)... seems there was enough play between the safety and the 'sear' over it to allow the finer machined hammer to fall.... if you 'improve' the trigger on the charger I would for sure check this before putting ammo in it.

Mine is plastic and if you look at how the safety pin crosses under the sear there is a good bit of play as compared to the metal ones... everything else is real tight... in fact almost too tight... one of the 'problems' I have with my charger is the factory mags won't just drop out of the frame when you push the release lever.

I'm going to put the Voltquartsen (sp?) hammer on my 10/22 I put the tech sights on ... I left the spring in the charger.