Changing barrel question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

If I want to send an older pre-warning BN-44 back to the factory to change out an eroded barrel, will the new barrel be the same as currently installed on production guns, say with the manuscript on the top?
Any idea of what the cost is?

the cost you'd have to ask customer service, , the labor ,parts and shipping all have to be figured in..........yes, the barrel on your early "new model' would most likely be current production,, and may have the rollmarks for the "warning" underneath......never know what they may still have "in stock" ( on hand...)best to call them for ALL pricing..I know a week and half ago, they quoted me $305 to "update" an old model ,Single Six..the gun isn't worth that much, told them to send it back, and NO they would not do the safety update either?????

flatgate

Hawkeye
jimbo1096":20rxk8k1 said:
with the manuscript on the top?

The "warning" statement is now rollmarked on the "bottom" of the barrel.

Barrels are installed prior to any markings being applied. Barrels are installed prior to any ejector rod retaining screw holes are drilled. Barrels are installed prior to any front sight installation work is done.

flatgate

flatgate":2ryzbf27 said:
jimbo1096":2ryzbf27 said:
with the manuscript on the top?

The "warning" statement is now rollmarked on the "bottom" of the barrel.

Barrels are installed prior to any markings being applied. Barrels are installed prior to any ejector rod retaining screw holes are drilled. Barrels are installed prior to any front sight installation work is done.

flatgate

That's why I wondered if they (Ruger) required the warning on a bbl that didn't originally have it.
I plan to call in the morning.
Thanks

It's intresting to note that the service dept rep stated the rollmark was applied to the barrels before fitting so I would have a new type exactly as currently installed on new production guns.
Also would not quote a price as they say they have to inspect the gun first and then quote a price. So I guess I won't be sending it off anytime soon.