CCR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Steven

Bearcat
Anyone have work done by CCR? They have two of my slides for some refinishing work, it has been about two months and they have not responded to my e-mails. When should I start to worry?

countryboy

Single-Sixer
I had my 226R controls done by CCR. It has been a while back but it only took them about a week or two. A lot of SIGForum members have work done by them and I have not heard any complaints. Have you tried calling?

28jj1f.jpg

wings442

Bearcat
I would call and talk to Mary.. They get backed up do to such great work, and depends on what you had done, it might take a little longer.. Brad does great work as I had a Glock slide done, which took about a month.. When you get them back you won't be disappointed.

Cos

Bearcat
They have had my LCP slide for about 7 weeks. I have called several times and they say it will be home next week each time. Starting to get a little annoying. :(

ccr

Single-Sixer
Steven
We spoke on the phone the other day. You were mistaken about when you shipped the slides in. We got them in March not Jan

They will be on the way home next week :)

s4s4u

Hunter
They did a 1911 slide for me and I love it, photosuckit isn't working right now or I'd show it. It did seem to take a while but it always does when you are apart. Not to worry.

Cos

Bearcat
I may not be disappointed with the work but I am extremely concerned with their customer service. I talked with Mary this past Tuesday afternoon. She told me my LCP slide was mailed back to me either Monday or Tuesday morning. Well, the Friday mail came and still no slide. If I lived across country, this might be acceptable. However, I live in the next State!

I have been promised my slide would be on the way home or had been mailed a number of times. If I ever get the slide, I will NEVER use CCR again or recommend them to anyone. :(

devicemanager

Bearcat
Cos":b7uw4jan said:
I may not be disappointed with the work but I am extremely concerned with their customer service. I talked with Mary this past Tuesday afternoon. She told me my LCP slide was mailed back to me either Monday or Tuesday morning. Well, the Friday mail came and still no slide. If I lived across country, this might be acceptable. However, I live in the next State!

I have been promised my slide would be on the way home or had been mailed a number of times. If I ever get the slide, I will NEVER use CCR again or recommend them to anyone. :(
Did you ask for a tracking #? It's possible that it was mailed and the shipping co. is at fault.

Steven

Bearcat
Mary is right, I did talk to her and She told me she did not get the slides until March. I am having trouble with our local Post Off. Letters that used to take over night to get to Sioux Falls now can take up to 10 days. Anyway Mary has reasurred me and I am not concerned, I am glad they are taking their time and doing a good job. I should have them back in about 2 weeks. I sure do miss my time at the range.

wings442

Bearcat
Cos":28oy8r3d said:
If I ever get the slide, I will NEVER use CCR again or recommend them to anyone. :(

That is a shame.. Do you say that about every company you do business with if they don't meet your timeline? You are turning down a really great company for a problem that could be theirs, yours, or the shipping company. Stuff happens, and things can get lost (have you asked for a tracking number, "before never using them again?"), before you turn away your business for them, wait until you see the finished product, you WILL re-think your statement.

Texan650

Bearcat
CCR has done two slides for me. You absolutely cannot find better quality anywhere. I would not hesitate to use this company.

DevilDog0402

Bearcat
Texan650":72pi7clm said:
CCR has done two slides for me. You absolutely cannot find better quality anywhere. I would not hesitate to use this company.

I'll agree with that. It took about 7 weeks to get my XD45 slide and barrel back that I sent in to be CeraPlated. The finished product was outstanding!

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Sometimes quality takes a while. CCR did an AR15 barrel for me and the quality is top notch - it took a couple of months to get back.