Cast Performance Heat Treated Solids

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Organizing some of my reloading supplies I ran across some Cast Performance .452 bullets.
They are 325 grn. and 360 grn. Seaching for load data I can not find anything.
Need a little help here these have been sitting around for sometime now and would like to do
something with them. Any Help would be very much appreciated! Thanks ps

Johnnu2

Hunter
PS, I had a similar problem with a batch of 270+ grain "no-name" .45 cal. cast bullets that I bought in a wooden box (actually just wanted the cool old box). I measured and weighed the bullets and then called Hodgdon and spoke to a tech. Asked him for help loading them into my 45 Colt brass. He told me to use Trail Boss and simply mark the cases so that I could fill them up to the bottom of where the seated bullet would be. I asked him if he was kidding..... he said 'of course not'. So I did what he suggested and all went well. You may want to make the call yourself....just to be safe.

J.

Enigma

Hunter
A lot depends on what you want to do with the bullets and what gun you'll be shooting them through. Most loads listed for bullets that heavy are barn-burners. You'll have to sift through what's on the webpage to find the appropriate data, but it's there. Here's some data:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/45-colt-load-data/370003

http://www.sixguns.com/tests/tt45lc.htm

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Heavy+duty+hunting+loads+for+the+.45+Colt%3a+and+the+perfect+new+sixgun...-a0178630314

Enigma, Thanx so much for your reply I did see some suitable loads Thank you sir.
One thing tho they speaking of using a redhawk I do own one but unfortunately it's a 44 mag.
I wonder if it would be crazy to use a Blackhawk? Pushing them heavy projectiles at 1200fps
Gonna look for more data and do some more research can not be too careful. Thanx again Phil

onthehunt

Bearcat
I have used both those bullets in a SRH .454
My load data was 25 grn of H4227 or H110 for the 325 and 22 grn of either H110 or H4227 for the 360.

Have fun and hang on!

Those CP weights in .45cal are most suitable in 454 Casull. I think Freedom Arms told me that on their pet loads for their 454 was using that 360gr. Cast Performance will be able to assist you with 45 Colt loads using those weight. I know they gave me mild, medium, and warm loads for their 265 and 300gr for my 45Colt.

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
I loaded 23.5 grains of H110 behind 335 grain GC cast bullets for my Vaquero but had to cut down 454C brass because the bullets jumped crimp in LC brass and locked the cyl. When I made this load there wasn't any data that I could find and just flew by the "seat of my pants".

Loaded some of those bad boys up with 296, Worked out pretty well accuracy was acceptable,
Got to hang on tho the do have a stout recoil and report. Thanks for all the help. Not your
every day shooter, for me anyway! ps