Case recommendations for my Magnums?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
Can anyone recommend a case that will easily hold 2 or 3 of my Magnums and will not let them slide around on the inside? Have tried 2 cases already and don't like the way mine slide around in to each other.

Case Guard or Doskicil or such usually work,make sure they have the "corregated" ( or dimpled) foam, at least on ONE side of the foam liner, this keeps the guns from shifting...you can always just go out and find & replace the foam liner on any given case.....

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I just saw an Allen case at my local chain store that looked interesting: It had an aluminum exterior and looked like a briefcase. It had the dimpled foam, and clearly was designed to hold multiple guns in place. Regular price of $40, on sale for $30. Would easily hold two, maybe three.

-- Sam

Hugh

Buckeye
I use individual handgun zipper pouches and carry them in a hard attache case. That way I can carry three along with 50 rounds ammunition for each. If I have holsters it will only carry handguns.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I put each gun in a zippered gun case or Ruger plastic box with padding and then carry up to 3 of them in a soft-sided gun bag with ammo and targets and tools etc. :D

...Jimbo

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
Can anyone recommend a case that will easily hold 2 or 3 of my Magnums and will not let them slide around on the inside? Have tried 2 cases already and don't like the way mine slide around in to each other.

Maybe you should stay away from the Magnums and try something with a smaller fit. Perhaps something "ribbed for her pleasure" might be in order.

I keep my Magnums in my wallet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Have tried a number of long-gun and pistol cases, and really like the SKB cases. They are ATA (???) approved, and they now can be had with TSA locks. The old cases can not be retrofitted (have checked).

They have several layers and types of foam padding and do a great job of securing guns in the center of the case.

It is the only case I have been able to transport 2 silhouette rifles in at the same time without fear of them banging together.

Have several of them in different sizes, including one for a Sinclair front rest.

Check pricing on line at several places, as deals can be had.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
rugerfan100, I have seen some cases where slots were made in the foam padding and straps with Velcro ends were inserted through these slots wrapping around the item holding it in place on the foam.

I may do this to the mags in my rifle cases. Those darn mags always slide to the bottom.