Carry options for the Security Six 4"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

thumbs

Single-Sixer
I realize the 4" may not be the ideal barrel length but... I am looking for either a shoulder holster or a belt holster that will be as discreet as possible. I will be walking and sitting. I like cross draw.
Any suggestions as to what is working for you? Also they have to be reasonably priced.

thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
My favorite for my 4" Security-Six is an older Roy Baker pancake. It offers a few different ways to carry. Look them up & try to find something offered now that compares.

thumbs

Single-Sixer
contender said:
My favorite for my 4" Security-Six is an older Roy Baker pancake. It offers a few different ways to carry. Look them up & try to find something offered now that compares.

You wouldn't happen to know the model number for that holster would ya? Could it be a 10 SH?

thanks

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I use a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake for my 4" Security Six; frequently carry cross draw as my woods gun.

My strong-side favorite is a Bianchi 5BH. They no longer list the size for a Sec Six, but when they did, the K-frame and Sec Six was exactly the same holster. So, order the holster for a Smith K-frame of the same barrel length, and you'll be pleased.

And for cross draw, the Bianchi Cyclone 111 is pretty great.

WAYNO.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Sometimes I carry my 4" Service Six in a vintage Jackass holster. With some patience you would be able to hunt down an appropriate shoulder rig on Ebay or maybe Gunbroker if you don't want to buy something brand new.

If you do go for a shoulder holster, don't go cheap and avoid nylon rigs. To get something comfortable and functional you have to spend at least enough money to buy something from makers like Galco, Bianchi or Desantis. There are other good brands but those three are kind of the Ford, Dodge and Chevy of the holster world.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I carry mine in a handmade Pancake I picked up a few years back at a swap meet , wish I got two ... The Security Six carries great !!! Just a great all around revolver !!!!

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
I have been carrying mine in a Hill People Kit Bag. This is my new favorite carry method and it also has room for first aid, fire making things and a snack. It doesnt scream concealed carry on public trails and is probably the most comfortable carry system I have used. I also carry a 4 inch Redhawk very comfortably and draws quickly.

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/ProductID/1/Default.aspx

Latest posts