Can't disassemble Mark 1... Help!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rosie

Bearcat
Use your internet and search for "Ruger MKI Disassembly" and you will find a series of youtube videos showing assembly and disassembly. There is one, in particular, with a gentleman outside in his backyard with a white brick wall in the background (wish I remembered the name) that is an absolutely perfect "read" on the whole issue and related problems. If I find it I will write again with specifics. Look at all the videos and they make it look easy--which it really is.

rosie

Bearcat
Found the best video for understanding all the details of assembly/disassembly---it is a youtube video--go to Ruger MarkIII Dis/Assembly by "meanmiguel. I found his comments to be right on target. Would also suggest you download MKI and MKII operating manuals--I combined all of this into my own how to (I watched the video several times to appreciate the details, particularly the hammer strut location on assembly)notes and it went easy after that. The hardest part I had was getting the barrel off the receiver; if it hasn't been done in awhile, you have to really concentrate on "banging away" with a rubber mallet or piece of wood to loosen it.

rugerguy123

Bearcat
Did you ever get this problem resolved, I am have the same issue but can't get the pin to reset to get the bolt out.

bigjake

Bearcat
I would use a wooden dowel the same size as the bolt stop pin and give it a good smack with a hammer. It'll pop right out. Clean and oil, reassemble.