can't assemble ruger 22/45 mark 3

Help Support Ruger Forum:

digitalerik

Bearcat
Hello. Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm stumped.

Last night I disassembled the ruger, except for the barrel. Everything went ok. Tonight, I disassembled the barrel and now I can't get the mainspring housing pin all of the way up into the receiver. I made sure the barrel is all of the way on the frame, and tapped with a hammer. I did some tinkering and made sure I was able to get the mainspring pin up all of the way into the barrel without the bolt inside, so I'm pretty sure it's alligned. When i put the bolt in the main spring pin goes through both holes and is almost up all of the way, but not quite. Tried tapping with a hammer, no such luck. The thing that gets me is that last night it went in and out without any trouble.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Snake45

Hawkeye
Pull the trigger and make sure the hammer is down. Then the mainspring housing and pin and whatnot should slide in slicker'n deer guts on a door knob.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Mr Jukebox":10rgzrmr said:
go to youtube type in mark III reassembly and they will have a video that will show you how to do it

That was what I was going to suggest as well. Putting a MKIII together can be very tricky...

I think this is one of the better videos but there are several...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm2P4kP0

My advantage Arms conversion for my Glock 19 is so much easier :wink:

Now, this is the MKIII I want :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAwW7Imf0l0

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
Try placing the mainspring down through the top of the receiver to check alignment of the frame and receiver tube. When the bolt stop inserts all the way to where the mainspring housing touches the top of the tube, everything's aligned properly.

th_2245_mark3_fsra02.jpg

If the MS housing will insert like this and your still having problems then the back end of your recoil spring assembly is hindering the reassembly. Remove it and spin one end 180 degrees and try the reassembly again.

R,
Bullseye

zenbiker

Bearcat
You can't put the mainspring back unless the hammer is all the way up. With the magazine in and the muzzle pointed down, use a pencil or small screwdriver to push the hammer up from the back of the frame while pulling the trigger and watch the hammer go up.. Put the stop bolt into place with the mainspring still open. Point the muzzle up and make sure the hammer strut is dangling down in line with the oval cutout on the mainspring and close.
DONE!

Latest posts