Cancer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Just (a little bit ago) got a text message from my daughter. She has finished a series of treatments
for skin cancer. The pictures she sent made her look like she had the second worst sun burn in
history. Fortunately she finished the treatments this last Monday.

I wondered why I had not seen her in the last several months, but her business as a realtor plus the
business she has doing telecommunications site development can keep her busy for weeks at a time.

WOW! I now have a new schedule for talking with said daughter. Iffin it's not weekly, it will be at least
be on alternate weeks!

YMMV.

dannyd

Blackhawk
With my wife in the Oncologist office and he looked at both of us; said
"one of your daughters will also have this"

Worst think anyone ever said to me.

hittman

Staff member
Congrats to your daughter for completing the treatments. They can be taxing mentally and physically.

I posted here last week that I’m now 2 years cancer free. But I still do “maintenance” chemo treatments every 6 months for the next 3 years. Just had another treatment Wednesday. Didn’t want to go but its the right thing to do.

She already knows this is a marathon not a sprint …. One day at a time. Prayers said for you and yours.

BearBiologist

Blackhawk
I hadn't seen a high school and Army friend for several years. He sent me a PM on Facebook that he had Stage IV lung cancer. We went down to Socal to see him. Just before we saw him, he said he was told it was in complete remission! Then, on a second trip, he told us it had been found in the other lung. He had a Dr.'s appt that day and it also was in remission! We are going down to see him (along with his best friend who is also my brother) and my SIL who has ALS. I spent most of the year before last on my back with a fractured kneecap (2019) and several bouts of heart failure. My wife retired last fall to spend more time with me.

Take home message: Spend as much time as possible with her.

Forgot to add: Place your trust in whatever Almighty you believe in, whether it be God, Allah, Buddha, Jehovah or Yehuda!

Last edited:

Latest posts