Can you guys identify this handgun for me?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JJLee138

Bearcat
Heya guys, the only gun I've ever owned is my Ruger .22 LR, so I'm not much of a gun afficianado yet. My buddy just inherited a bunch of guns from his dad. Most in sad shape, but I was able to identify all of them but this pistol. It appears to be a very small caliber. .22 or smaller? Here's the pics of this little thing.

img0033o.jpg

img0034o.jpg

img0038gsz.jpg

img0039tiv.jpg

Back in the late 70's to early 80's they were offered by some of the bigger sporting goods stores in Utah it was Sunset Sports they were offered for $49.95 in 22 Cal & with a 22 Mag cylinder Made in South America I believe Imported by a Company in Florida It would take some time I could dig More info. I sold it after I shot it about 50 times I did not like the side spitting lead all over & I could not hit anything out 25 yards.

JJLee138

Bearcat
SteveRuger":3e2kka6z said:
Back in the late 70's to early 80's they were offered by some of the bigger sporting goods stores in Utah it was Sunset Sports they were offered for $49.95 in 22 Cal & with a 22 Mag cylinder Made in South America I believe Imported by a Company in Florida It would take some time I could dig More info. I sold it after I shot it about 50 times I did not like the side spitting lead all over & I could not hit anything out 25 yards.

That sounds like our gun here then. It does say Excam Inc. Hialeah Fla on the side, so that lines up with your "Company in Fla". I'll let my buddy know that he can use it as a paper weight lol. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I had one like that, I think it was made in Germany and was on pice of crap. With the amount of lead splitting it was more dangerous to be at the side of the gun than down range of it. I got it around 1969 or 1970. If I remember correctly it came in a green box that said Bison on it.