Can the front sight on a standard MK-II be replaced??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nogunsmith4me

Single-Sixer
I changed the rear fixed sight on my 1992 MK-II standard to adjustable sight but it won't work in combination with the original front sight because I'm hitting to high on the target. I did all the up's & down adjustments on the rear sight but still hits high. I think the front sight is to low to be used with a adjustable rear sight. Can the front sight be changed or replaced with a different style or higher sight on this particular model? Here's a picture of the front sight on my 1992 standard MK-II.

ruuuuuuggggg.jpg

If you used any of the Ruger .22 semi auto rear adjustable sights, you will have to remove the pin and front blade and put in one that is VERY high , (there is nothing factory, it must be made up from scratch...) to properly regulate this 'combo' or you can get one of them "LPS"rear sights from Brownells or Midway, that will use the existing front blade............

Nogunsmith4me

Single-Sixer
Thank you "rugerguy"!!....I guess I willl keep using the OEM rear fixed sight for the pistol because...., for the price of the rear LPS sight at Brownells, Midway or Volquartsen I might as well get a nice scope or red dot Multi-Reticle Electro Sight since I already have the scope mount installed.

There you go...in fact when one puts any of the aftermarket rear adjustable sights on a 'standard auto' the front blade is very,very high and looks "awful",,,,that 'LPS' ( means 'low profile sight'..) will work with the existing front blade.....if its already set up for any optic , on a base ( ie. drilled & tapped) you are "set to go..."

Enjoy.............have a nice holiday weekend......

9x19

Hunter
If you like irons, the LPA adjustable rear is worth the money... I have other pistols with red-dots and conventional scopes, but sometimes, iron sights are the only way to travel...

2245AS.jpg