Can I see some Bisley 22's??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dachshund

Bearcat
I've had one for a few years now. I like it very much. It's very accurate and has a good feel, and unlike several Ruger 22 semi-autos I've owned, doesn't need to be "broken in" before it quits gagging. The real beauty of my particular specimen is that it likes cheap ammo i.e. Federal "milk carton" loads over several more expensive loads.

glen851

Bearcat
I had a Bisley .22 gloss stainless 4 5/8 bbl. It did NOT like cheap ammo (what's expensive in .22?), but it shot fine with CCI high velocity HP rounds.
I traded it towards my GP100 and kinda wish I had kept it now. Oh well.

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
RB22AW.JPG

The fitted .22 WMR cylinder is not orgional as shipped.
I like it, fun and accurate with each cylinder.

------------------
flattop357
CMS (RET) USAF
NRA ENDOWNMENT MEMBER
WASHINGTON ARMS COLLECTORS MEMBER

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
That 4 5/8" Stainless Steel .22 Bisley with fixed sights is a pretty scarce piece ! I've heard reports of there being only 1000 of those produced and distributed as a very limited edition through Davidson's. In fact, "The Rarest Ruger" is a 4 5/8" adjustable sight version of that same revolver, dubbed "The Shootist" in honor of Tom Ruger. I make alot of gun shows, including the big ones in Tulsa, and frequent alot more different gun shops here and there. I've run across a total of ONE of these KRB24FW Stainless Steel Bisley .22s and bought it just to add to my collection.

Like most single action Rugers, they are best matched to the ammo they like best. You might have two otherwise identical guns that shoot very differently with different manufacturer's rounds......especially true of .22 calibers.

Ralph Bryant

[This message has been edited by Ralph Bryant (edited 10-16-2006).]

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Heres a pic of a KRB 24FW.
above post is right only 1000
made.
Terry

HPIM0971.jpg

------------------
E.L.M. NRA
Life Mem.MOPH
Life Mem.USMC

[This message has been edited by T.A. WORKMAN (edited 10-16-2006).]

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
1000 revolvers sounds like alot of guns, until you stop and realize that on an allocation basis, that only amounts to 20 guns per state. That makes for a pretty scarce issue ! I had heard conflicting numbers on the KRB24FW when I first started researching it, a couple of guys said 500, but 1000 appears to be the correct production number.

A couple of other Single-Six .22 models that are rather scarce are the KNR4 adjustable sight model in 4 5/8 inch stainless, and the ".22 Baby Vaqueros" in fixed sight 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 inch stainless versions.

glen851

Bearcat
Terry, that photo looks just like the Bisley I HAD!! I've seen only one other like it. I forgot the gunshop name, but it's in Tombstone. They were asking $550 for it. This was back in June, and not being an official AZ resident, I couldn't buy it. I thought the price was a little high seeing that I paid $340 for the one I HAD. Now I REALLY think I miss it!

[This message has been edited by glen851 (edited 10-16-2006).]

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
Here is a photo of one of the "Rarest Rugers"...... the KRB22AW Bisley "Shootist" in 4 5/8" adjustable sights stainless steel, barrel marked in memory of Tom Ruger. There were only 52 produced back in 1994. This one is in the collection of Bob Nelson and has been displayed at the Tulsa Wanenmacher show as a part of the Ruger Collector's Association exhibits. This is no doubt the Holy Grail of Single-Six collectors !

Tulsa2004Nelson008.jpg

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
Thanks Bishop,

Can you advise which issue of R.E.N.E. this information is in ? I'd really like to nail down the production numbers on this particular revolver.

100_0263-copy.jpg

Jay, this is stunning! That's about what I'm a looking for, except with a standard 6" or so barrel. These grips below look deplorable but this may be what I start with.

180L.jpg

Maybe Turnbull is where I should end up!

Thanks guys for all the incentive you're giving me!!

IC

[This message has been edited by Inspector-Callahan (edited 10-16-2006).]

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Ralph, Go to page No.# 40 in the new RENE
right hand colum third paragraph.
Terry

------------------
E.L.M. NRA
Life Mem.MOPH
Life Mem.USMC

[This message has been edited by T.A. WORKMAN (edited 10-17-2006).]

gunman42782

Hunter
Those are some sweet looking shooters! Thanks to all for sharing them.

------------------
Life Member NRA
AKA gunman42782

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
Here are a few other factory Bisleys in different calibers.... 22LR - .357mag - .44mag

And about those "dried out" looking grips that you often see on NOS rugers..... just take a bottle of Old English dark scratch cover oil, and give them a good coating. It will make them look new again and actually better than original.

Ralph

attachment.php

44RED

Bearcat
I have the 6.5" blued like in the above photo. Mine shoots real well. It will shoot with a old Smith K-22 all day, and to me that is good. And yes it does like CCI Green Tag ammo the best.

------------------
Remember, You ain't going through here but once, if you miss something you ain't commin back. My friends take on life and guns.

Latest posts