Can I see some Bisley 22's??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
Just ran across this old thread, and was wondering if anyone could give me the production numbers on the 4 5/8 Stainless Bisley Vaquero 357. This is the early full-sized Vaquero, KRBNV-34. I suspect there were a few clean up pieces made, but recall the early numbers in RENE were something like 100 pieces or less. Thanks

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
Ralph Bryant said:
Here is a photo of one of the "Rarest Rugers"...... the KRB22AW Bisley "Shootist" in 4 5/8" adjustable sights stainless steel, barrel marked in memory of Tom Ruger. There were only 52 produced back in 1994. This one is in the collection of Bob Nelson and has been displayed at the Tulsa Wanenmacher show as a part of the Ruger Collector's Association exhibits. This is no doubt the Holy Grail of Single-Six collectors !

Tulsa2004Nelson008.jpg
WELL SHUCKS....you mean to tell me that krb22aw pistol is rare ?? Wish I knew before as I just gave mine away....." here take it, get the fugly unfinished thing outta me sight "........

Ralph Bryant

Bearcat
[/quote]
WELL SHUCKS....you mean to tell me that krb22aw pistol is rare ?? Wish I knew before as I just gave mine away....." here take it, get the fugly unfinished thing outta me sight "........[/quote]

Yeah, I feel your pain. Kind of the same way I feel about all that black rust, shoe polish, spray paint, or lipstick........ whatever they are coating them with these days........ :)

Hugh

Buckeye
I am not a fan of Bisleys, don't even like the looks or feel of them. I do have one though. Why? Well, a couple of years ago it was there in the pawn shop, along with box and papers, said never had been fired except by Ruger, and the price was very right. Here's a photo of my Single Six .22 LR Cal:

ruger6halfinsinglesixbi.jpg