Can any member with a set of calipers and a Standard Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Measure the size of the rear sight dovetail on a RST4 Standard model for me,
i have one that was inadvertently damaged(the rear sight blade) and am having
some trouble getting Ruger Customer Service to agree to sell me a replacement.
As a result I suspect they want me to send in my 1968 vintage RST4 contending
that it is a factory install only part, which I think is just BS but they aren't budging
off their position and since my calipers are on loan until next month I thought I
would ask the forum for assistance; I need the size in order to try fabricating a
replacement that is as close as possible to the OEM, thanks.

Don't have an RST4, but I see the rear sight fairly often on eBay.

BTW, Ruger sent me a new fixed rear sight for my P45GCMKIII with no issues. Your situation sounds a little sketchy but maybe there are different sizes???

woodsy

Blackhawk
How's about simply drifting out the damaged sight (from left to right looking from the "rear")? It needs to be replaced, anyway, right? There's gotta be someone local to you who can measure it, even if you tell a LGS that you (falsely) want to buy a replacement. I would help, but mine is a Mark 1, with adjustable rear.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Highstandardguy said:
Here's one. Not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-MK1-221R-Pistol-Parts-lever-rear-sight/114305825382?hash=item1a9d287a66:g:Fl4AAOSwRpVfBhS-

The sight offered on eBay is described as a Mk1 sight, but it really is a Standard Model sight. On my Mark1 the dovetail measures .547", front-to-back at its largest dimension. The sight measures .715", side-to-side. An assumption might be made that Ruger used the same slot and only changed the type of sight. Hope this helps; let all of us know if it does.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Yeah. I also checked out his history and saw that was the last entry. I hope he is well, and if not, he gets better soon.

edlmann

Blackhawk
The fixed rear sight for the AMT Lightning pistol.

748670.jpg