Camellias

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KTM

Single-Sixer
CD, Very nice! :D

Refreshing to see that this time of year. It'll be several months before I'll have any flowers bloom in my yard, it was -7° this morning with plenty of snow on the ground. :roll:

One thing I like about living in CA is that there are always flowers blooming, even in our dry desert mountains. NEVER got used to living in the frozen North (WI, ID, VT, NY) 'tho I lived there for most of my adult life. Once hunting season was over, I always wanted to be somewhere else until trout season began. Like Mexico, Sicily, CA or FL!

Great camellias, CD!

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Great pics! I am really fond of Camelias. My Grandmother had a double bloom "pink perfection" in her yard that was as pretty as any I have ever seen.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Am very interested in the idea of camillia oil on gunstocks, including handgun grips! And because you do stock work, you are just the man to keep us informed. Do you have enough camillia plants to harvest the oil? Is it available commercially?
If, at a later date you try it and report it on the Forum and I don't respond, them PM me please!

jjbabin

Bearcat
VonFatman":22ylof8x said:
Good pics...I can smell 'em here in snowy KC!!

Bob

sounds good but probably not as it unfortunate that most camellias are not fragrant.
But very pretty :D

Just a few days ago I said our Camellias weren't ready to pop.

Since then...My dental hygienist told me just yesterday that her Camellias were blooming. And, Sunday, I was in Astoria, of all places, and saw Rhodies in full bloom!

Must be the sea gull fertilizer. :wink:

WAYNO.