Cabela's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ferdurkel

Bearcat
I ordered 2000 Winchester small pistol primers and 2000 Winchester small pistol magnum primers in April 2009 from Cabella's. They are still on backorder. Recently, I obtained the aforementioned primers from the local Bass Pro retailer and various other retailers in my area (Southern California), on numerous visits, at pennies of additional cost. My question is: Has anybody else had any problems with Cabella's? I am beginning to think they are screwing me.

M[/b]

jforwel

Bearcat
I don't think they are screwing you. If they get primers in they are going to fill backorders in the order they were received. As big as Cabela's is I imagine A LOT of people placed orders a long time ago.

I just checked PowderValley.com yesterday and they are out of most brands of primers. Two weeks ago MidSouth was out of everything but I haven't checked recently.

If Cabela's hasn't charged your card yet maybe you can cancel the order. Or just wait and eventually you'll get more primers.

In my part of Montana we get primers in our stores in batches by type. First we had a couple of months with lots of small pistol and sp mag primers. They're gone now but we have plenty of small rifle primers, and so on.........

Jeff H

Bearcat
I am beginning to think they are screwing me.

How? They haven't charged you yet.

I ordered Remington primers and had them in a few months. The Unique I ordered never did come in. I finally let the back order expire and bought some powder locally.

96/44

Blackhawk
Why don't you call them? In my experiences with them, Cabelas has always gone above and beyond, especially if there was a screw-up on their end.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ferdurkel":34e21359 said:

M[/b]

Trust me ... if there's ONE retailer in the world who absolutely WILL NOT SCREW YOU, it's Cabelas. They will charge you ONLY after shippping, and if you want to cancel your back order, just call them and tell them.

Cabelas is FIRST RATE, although with high prices on most things.

REV

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
jforwel":3ju6baa2 said:
As big as Cabela's is I imagine A LOT of people placed orders a long time ago.

I just checked PowderValley.com yesterday and they are out of most brands of primers.

Hi,

I think this is gonna be the situation for most of the "biggies" for a while.

Last time I checked Powder Valley, there was a note they have somewhere around 50 MILLION primers backordered, and won't be accepting new orders for any primers not in stock until they reduce that backlog. Cabela's probably faces a similar situation...

Unless they've charged you, no harm's been done. And since these "shortages" are beyond the control of the vendors, as inconvenient as it is, we've gotta try to remain patient and "catch as catch can" until things settle down...

Rick C

deanodog

Bearcat
I have primers back ordered at cabela's also for about two months. They sent me an email after a month and asked if I still wanted to wait for them and gave an estimated delivery date . The dates were different on the different type of primers i ordered.I told them I still wanted them but not if it was shipped with a different Haz-Mat charge each time.
They told me they would not ship with more than one Haz-Mat chg. They also said no charge on credit card until shipped. They were very nice and I have always liked their service.

Yellowtail

Bearcat
Pistol club put together a good sized order and have been waiting for months. We've decided to wait it out and just been grabbing what we needed locally also. I do know that after so long, if you wanted to stay in back order, you will need to call them so your order wont drop off.

5card

Blackhawk
If fools would quit buying ammo like it is going to be dicontinued it would come bak down to normal prices, it is demand driving the price up from unfounded rummors!

Retsoff

Bearcat
My Brother-in-Law ordered some Federal primers from Cabelas in March of this year. He's still waiting for them. No, I don't think you're getting screwed (at least not by Cabelas).

bub

Single-Sixer
It's this way everywhere with the nationwide shortage of primers. I live close to Mastercast in Enon Valley, PA (a Mom-and-Pop-type of commercial reloader, good people, good prices and GREAT products), and they have been the same way for months now. I haven't been there in a while (no extra, disposable income for reloading supplies), but last time I was, they weren't selling ANY primers to individuals; they needed all they had or could come up with for producing ammo for Police orders and for sale. It stinks, but everyone is in the same boat right now.

Bub

McP

Bearcat
Yep, was browsing last night, Cabelas, Midway, etc. All the brass, primers, anything for reloading was "out of stock - backorder ok". I'd venture to say, half the stuff purchased by the hoarders during the last year will end up going bad, sitting in their panic room, right next to the MRIs and toilet paper.

On a brighter note, I am seeing the factory stuff is becoming a bit more plentiful. That must be a good sign, right? RIGHT? Please tell me I'm right.

mattsbox99

Hunter
revhigh":1u07g333 said:
ferdurkel":1u07g333 said:

M[/b]

Trust me ... if there's ONE retailer in the world who absolutely WILL NOT SCREW YOU, it's Cabelas. They will charge you ONLY after shippping, and if you want to cancel your back order, just call them and tell them.

Cabelas is FIRST RATE, although with high prices on most things.

REV

I agree, I ordered some primers in May, had part of the order in early June, then the end of june, and finally the middle of July. They didn't even charge me until the end of July. I didn't pay one extra cent for shipping even though I know they had to pay that haz mat and shipping charges for three seperate shipments. On top of that, the prices were great ($30/1000), even when 1000 SR primers was over $100 on GB and purely unavailable anywhere else.