Cabelas Redhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tinman

Buckeye
Good price. I wonder if my local store will match that price? I will be passing that on to one of the guys at work that was drooling all over mine.

tinman

Buckeye
AKDRSS said:
Wished I could find one for that price!

Actually, if you factor in the local sales taxes (I am assuming that Ohio has sales tax) the price from KYGUNCO ($758.99) is in the ballpark.

http://www.kygunco.com/category.cfm/keenes/ruger-handguns

xtratoy

Buckeye
tinman said:
AKDRSS said:
Wished I could find one for that price!

Actually, if you factor in the local sales taxes (I am assuming that Ohio has sales tax) the price from KYGUNCO ($758.99) is in the ballpark.

http://www.kygunco.com/category.cfm/keenes/ruger-handguns
I don't know how they do it in Texas but in Washington state they make the FFL collect state sales tax on the price + shipping paid for the gun on out of state purchases. :(

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Yes, in WA state you will pay the sales tax but that is paid on anything purchased from or through a dealer. If you want the item you gotta pay the tax.

k22fan

Blackhawk
Technically, in Washington, for many decades, you were supposed to pay "use tax" on anything bought out of state. Use tax is collected at your local sales tax rate. That varies by county from about 8% up to 9.5%. If you picked up a 4 pack of hand soap to use while visiting Oregon, used up one bar, then carried the other three home then to be within the letter of the law you had to get a form from the state and self report use tax on three bars. As a practical matter the state mostly gets use tax on larger items that are track-able, most prominently cars. Formerly handguns but as of this year all gun transfers are entered into the state computers. Even a chicken scratching in the barn yard could find feed in that paper trail.

A few, or maybe a half dozen years ago, the state mailed a letter to FFLs demanding tax collection on the internet gun sales they were processing. I haven't bought a gun across the internet sense then.

Getting back to the topic, Cabelas, new stores have great gun deals to tempt the locals into opening credit card accounts. That does not last long.

Big Rack

Bearcat
Yeah I saw those pretty neat I was surely tempted by the showcase with the High Sandards and shame on the guy who put the sling mounts on the Savage 99 takedown. Was also surprised by the little Browning .22 auto rifle in the new rack, most of all Wednesday early afternoon second handicap space from the door.

1rebel

Bearcat
How do you guys like the grip on it?
Is it manageable as far as recoil?
Anyone shooting anything besides the feeble Cowboy action stuff on the shelves?

tinman

Buckeye
1rebel said:
How do you guys like the grip on it?
Is it manageable as far as recoil?
Anyone shooting anything besides the feeble Cowboy action stuff on the shelves?

I got about 30-35 rounds thru mine and then injured my hand working in the shed (tweaked the nerve running between my thumb and palm) so I haven't shot it since. Of those rounds it was pretty much equal...... LC from Winchester (225gr Silvertips & Remington 230gr BJHP) and some Remington ACP (230gr ball). It has nice solid push from the LC but no real issues, but this gun takes those 230gr ACP's and settles them right down. Gotta tell ya, all of them will make some steel ring.......I'm shopping around to find a suitable glove that will allow me to get back in the game.......just don't want to aggravate the hand any more so it will heal. 8)