Buying a Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigtheno

Bearcat
I'm looking at buying a Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag and I have a guy wanting to sell me one for $515. It's used, blued with a 7.5 inch barrel and fluted cylinder. Also comes with a leather holster. No paperwork or box, I believe it's a newer model. I've only seen pictures but it looks like it's in real good condition. My question is, based off the information above, does that seem like a fair price? Really good or really bad price? I've done some research but still unsure. Thanks for any help

boomslang

Bearcat
That seems a bit high to me. I have bought several New Models and didn't pay that much for them. I have paid that much for old models.

7.5 inch with a fluted cylinder does not sound right for a 7.5 inch super. For a 5.5 inch that would be correct.

Hope that helps.

bigtheno

Bearcat
Thanks for the responses. I've been on gunbroker but it hard to find the exact thing I'm wanting and usually I can only find asking prices not sold prices. If it's a new model about what would you expect to pay?

sounds a bit high for a "new model" guy over here has had one at the gun show for that price and it was an OLD model ( though it was converted,, it was like new...)
also the Supers usually have an "unfluted" cylinder, except for the newer short barreled ones with the BH grip frame ( round trigger guard, not the square backed one).........

bigtheno

Bearcat
Found it! Thank you very much! This will be a most effective tool! I'm really glad I asked you all before buying. :D

6mm

Bearcat
I just pickup up a 7 1/2" SS Super Blackhawk I won off of GunBroker for $399 shipped.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I was just at a local big gun shop tonight and was looking at Ruger .22 Mk3's when I noticed a beautiful 50th anniversary .44 mag. SBH w/ beautiful polished blue in 71/2" for their weekly sale special price of $579. That sure seemed like a nice price for that gun compaired to some SBH and Vaqueros I've seen lately. the polished blue was better looking than my old 1970 SBH !!
I'm just sayin'......

D.

here you go, and OLD model ,MINT shape, all original,finish and lock work, except for the box, an 80-1984x serial number.........

S-4780-19849.jpg

he'll sell this one for $550, and you guys have to work out the shipping, transfer details...(he usually charges like $20....) gotta go to an 'FFL'

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
If you haven't bought one yet, I have one that's like new for sale in the forums' classifieds section for $450 shipped.

hunter3705

Bearcat
Great guns, you'll get many years of enjoyment from it. Just, whatever you do, don't just walk into a gun shop, order one, and pay MSRP for it. There is so much freakin' markup in guns it's absurd. The internet is really the way to go. Most FFLs will bring a handgun in for you for about $50 bucks, and that will still put you way ahead of full retail price.