Buyers Remorse (maybe)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
I have been collecting three screws and flat tops for years. Shooters, not safe queens and have an assortment I am proud to claim. The other day I bought one of the new 41 mag flat tops and am wondering did I get caught up in the Rene bulletin or fall victim becasue I had 500 dollars burning a hole in my pocket? Those of you who are getting one are you going to shoot it or??? "Tell me I dun gud and I can sleep betta.' :?:
Charlie

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Charlies,

You did fine. I bought a consecutive pair and promptly put both of them in the safe...remember so far there are only 89 of them....

BB45C

If you like the caliber, great, if you have extra money and you want to "speculate" good also.....me, I cannot afford to buy every 'special" that comes along, nor would I do it even if I could buy it...got to have 'priorities' at some point, or just go ahead and be "eccelctic"..........YOUR choice, not ours to second guess you.

Merry Christmas................go for it

G2

Hunter
$500 for a NM Blackhawk flattop in 41 mag,
yes a somewhat interesting story,
yes only ~89 made.
Yes you could put it away and then part with it to recognize the gain,
THAT's when the REAL Remorse begins. (as our brother Contender reminds us :D )

I'm with you, I have a fine collection of Rugers both OM/NM and alot of them are interesting varrients that some would consider "collectable".

I will and do shoot them, enjoy them for the reason they were made,

AND guess what, Everytime I go to sell/trade one they jump right off the page ... SOLD!!! True a little less than a NIB but not enough to worry about. The enjoyment Mr. WBR brought to us Ruger Firearms enthusiast's, has allways been well worth the few $$$.

Bottom line; .41 NM Blackhawk/ flattop gently used and cared for will allways bring ~ $400 (if not all the $$) and it will go away fast. Good place to park $500, shoot it, enjoy it.

EXAMPLE: I bought this .41 just a few years back in the $400 range, have shot and enjoyed it, and today, hmmm I bet you $100 I could get my money back.
P1010002modified.jpg

Pick your other favorite vice, ie. . .
Have you been to Las Vegas lately can't even get a cheap room anymore for much less than $100 night and there's a recession going on? Show tickets $100+ You see where this is going. Frame of mind. :roll:

seebs

Single-Sixer
I just booked tickets for the Shot Show in Vegas and hotel is $260 W/Tax Planet Hollywood 4 nites and roundtrip plane tickets for $280 W/Tax. I thaught that was pretty good. Room comes to $65 nite.

Mike

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I bought mine with full intentions of never shooting it. I tucked it away with all the Acusport Bisleys and someday will hand them over to my son - he's just 8 now so it'll be a while.

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
I am of the same opinion. I bought a consecutive set and then found a third that was consecutive to the first two so bought that one too. I got all three to put away for the kids. Seems like a lot of money now but should pay off when they are grown. I am with BB45 about the limited number made

Chris

Blackhawk
I have the same obesssion, can't get enough of the om 3 screw, you did good on your new model flat top purchase, does anyone really know how many where made

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
No remorse today...I am proud as punch to own one of the "rare" flat tops in 41....Now if I only knew what do do with all my other Rugers, Flat tops, three screws, # 1's, etc all shooters with some exceptions like the matching Buckeyes I'd be happy.
C