Buy or pass? No. 1 375 H&H

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TWalker

Bearcat
A local dealer has a very nice 95%+ condition No.1 Tropical in .375 H&H caliber for sale. It has the red rubber buttpad and beautiful wood. He will sell it for $600. I'm thinking about buying as it seems like a good deal to me. I put down a deposit to hold for a few days. What do you think about the rifle and the price? Thanks for any replies. I already own a CZ550 Safari in .375 but the No. 1 one feels much better to me.

Ltdshooter

Single-Sixer
Buy that 375! One of the older ones with nice wood and red pad is on my short list but other expenses has prevented me from jumping on the last couple that I have seen. Great caliber and gun and a VERY fair price. Load it down a little and go smoke a whitetail with it. You will never regret it.

luvs2hunt62

Blackhawk
Go for it. I bought one here for a lot more than that, and I'm thrilled with it. The prev owner did install a Decelerator pad, so the recoil is stout, but manageable. a real pleasure to shoot.

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
TWalker":23yb9jub said:
A local dealer has a very nice 95%+ condition No.1 Tropical in .375 H&H caliber for sale. It has the red rubber buttpad and beautiful wood. He will sell it for $600. I'm thinking about buying as it seems like a good deal to me. I put down a deposit to hold for a few days. What do you think about the rifle and the price? Thanks for any replies. I already own a CZ550 Safari in .375 but the No. 1 one feels much better to me.

If you don't buy it let me know,I will no questions asked.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I love the #1's and about any in that price area would be a purchase. That said, I have passed on a .375 H&H model though. Just not a chambering I'd want personally. Strictly a personal thing though. (prefer the less common and that chambering is becoming too common) Personal aspects aside though, it sure seems to be a darn good deal for a very nice rifle.

TWalker

Bearcat
Thanks to all for your replies. I picked up the rifle this afternoon. I'm cleaning it good and mounting a Leupold Vari-x III 1.5-5 scope this evening. I hope to post some pictures before too long. If I like the Ruger, I probably will be trading my CZ-550 .375 H&H in on another CZ in .416 Rigby that my dealor has had a while. Thanks again and best regards.
Walker