Buy an SR9 online?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I see that the SR9's run about $399.00 online. At my local gun stores they are $450.00 plus another $37.00 tax. Should I buy online and how would I know if the gun is actually new and not one returned buy another customer? Do the guns come in a sealed box? Thanks guys!!

railroader

Single-Sixer
You need to include the cost of shipping and the cost of the transfer. Here in california dealers charge from $60 to $100 or more to receive the gun. Some of them will also will also charge you sales tax even though you might have bought it out of state. The sales tax is per some california BS law. As for the gun being new I have bought a few guns from dealers and I haven't had a problem. Mark

mekender

Single-Sixer
In a sane state, a FFL will charge you $20-25.

I wouldnt worry about it not being new, you will easily be able to tell because of the packaging.

graygun

Hunter
I got mine at a show for 391.00 last August. He did the ATF check via cell phone;it only took a few minutes. Of course,rules vary by state,etc.

Mike J

Hunter
Check this www.hoffgun.com/specials.htm they have them for 369.99 I think someone posted the link a while back & they still appear to be the same price. I would investigate shipping costs & transfer fees. Unless I'm mistaken you can save sales tax by buying online. figure it both ways & see which works out better.

1boredguy

Bearcat
When I buy online there's no tax.

So after considering the transfer ($50 for me) and shipping ($10-15 at a few sights), you might save a few bucks.

But I'd be willing to pay up to $20 more if I get to closely evaluate it in person at a store. Check for scratches and stuff.

Blizzard

Bearcat
I am picking up my new SR9 tomorrow. I checked online and found a couple of $360.00 deals, but by the time you add FFL fees and shipping it isn't much different than my local dealer was asking. I told him what my total cost would be online and he matched it. So I ended up with the online cost without the hastle.