Buy a .44 spl in sumpthin'...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Ride the wave, jump up & down and add to the tsunami effect.

Folks bought enough to encourage Ruger to respond by adding the 44 spl flat-top to their regular line.

I ordered a Bisley in each barrel and will take which ever one comes in the shop.

If folks will keep encouraging the powers that be w/their wallet, then maybe we'll see some more ammo offerings in the special.

I'd like to see some 100ct, WWB .44 spl loads evah now n then.

S&W copied Ruger and they'll do it again if they think they can make a buck.

What the world needs now is not love sweet love, it's more wheelguns dedicated to the all around champion 44 special.

I have no interest in a 44 mag pistol, yet more power to those that do.

However, I like to fire off a round or two in a lever.

maxpress

Buckeye
oh no, i will buy .44 spl anything. this will not due. i will be broke if everyone starts flooding the market.

no really i hope ruger runs with this ball.

dougader

Hunter
I looked right past the 44 Special for years and always picked out the 45 Colt, until I bought a 4-5/8" Lipeys 44 Special Blackhawk. Now I have to have both!

Good grief, now I'm looking at a friend's EMF/Uberti 44 special revolver. If it was 4-5/8" instead of 5-1/2" it would already be mine... :)

ra

Single-Sixer
Since I ordered a Lipsey's 44 SP and never got one :cry: I also see a 44 SP in my future.

ra

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
...and after all the single-action combinations (Blackhawk, Vaquero, Blue, Stainless, etc) are filled with a 44 special cartridge choice Ruger can go onto the double-actions. :D :D

...JImbo

Otony

Blackhawk
I have three. One each by Ruger, USFA, and S&W. Also have a .357 Montado that is going to be reworked into a .44 Special somewhere down the road, which will make four.

When I find the scratch, I intend to buy a Uberti lever action 1873 carbine in .44 Special as well.

Every home needs at least one, but four or five seems a whole lot better!

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I'm waiting for the 4-3/4" stainless Bisley as a mate to my 5.5" blue one. C'mon, they've done Bisleys, and they've done stainless, can this combo be far behind?

-- Sam

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
All I ever could snag was a 5.5" flat-top. I like the burn time in a 5.5, but I think I might like the feel of the 4 5/8 just a tad better.

After all is said and done it's only 7/8 of an inch.

I don't know if I'll get a long or short brl in the Bisley, but either way works for me.

Maybe I'll get lucky and end up w/both...

dougader

Hunter
Yosemite Sam":2df02896 said:
I'm waiting for the 4-3/4" stainless Bisley as a mate to my 5.5" blue one. C'mon, they've done Bisleys, and they've done stainless, can this combo be far behind?

-- Sam

You and me, both, Sam. I love the shorter barrel and that Bisley grip frame.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Picked up my new Bisley FT 44 special yesterday morning here in KBIS. Took to the range yesterday afternoon and I like it! Have several single actions, USFA, Ruger and Colt, (including a Ruger 44 special FT and a USFA in 44 special) but had never fired a revolver with a Bisley frame. I am impressed! Seems to handle the recoil in a different and more comfortable manner.
For those interested in these details, fired case on 12-15-09 and S# is 520-20051.

batmann

Single-Sixer
I'm waiting for the Lispsey stainless in 4 5/8" as mate for my Lipsey .44 Flattop. Excellent guns and with the right load, will do most of what I need done.

Hobie

Single-Sixer
Otony":19p497mv said:
I have three. One each by Ruger, USFA, and S&W. Also have a .357 Montado that is going to be reworked into a .44 Special somewhere down the road, which will make four.

When I find the scratch, I intend to buy a Uberti lever action 1873 carbine in .44 Special as well.

Every home needs at least one, but four or five seems a whole lot better!
:lol: I was going to have one of each major maker SA in .45 Colt. Somehow that has been twisted around. I now have 4 .44 Specials. This is ridiculous! :roll:

:lol: :wink:

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
My NV 45 is SS and I could've bought a Beretta Bisley in 45 SS, but I figured I'd stay the course w/Ruger & the 44spl.

I'm gonna take which evah brl length comes in first & probably cancel the other.

I do like SS, though not as much as Nickel.

What's the odds Ruger will add a 44spl in Nickel line?
----
Dangit all that Beretta was Nickel...

Dave T

Single-Sixer
Well, I bought one of the 44 Special Blackhawks, a 5-1/2", and discovered I really don't like the NM action so mine is for sale or trade. It did get me interested in the old models again and now I have two 3-screw flat-tops, a 44 Magnum and a 357 Magnum. I do have 3 S&W 44 Specials so that addiction won't get too much worse. Good thing Ruger never made a 3-screw 44 Special. I'd have to have every variation they ever produced (LOL).

Dave