Burris Speed Dot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hef

Bearcat
I am looking to put a Red Dot sight on my MK lll, does anyone have a Burris Speed Dot on their Ruger? Give me the good, bad or ugly. Just looking for some info on the Burris.

Thanks

Black Frog

Single-Sixer
I have two of them. I got the ones with the bigger 11moa dot for quick shooting, thicker woods deer guns.

I like them for what they are. Very adjustable intensity for anything from right before dark to bright daylight. I looked at several different units- I wanted something better than cheapo Millet, but didn't want to spend as much as an Aimpoint. The Burris was a good 'in the middle' unit.

The objective lenses have a red coating on them. Some anti-glare feature I guess- you don't see red when you look through the unit, but when you are looking at the lens you'll noticed the reddish color. For some reason one of my units had a weird red 'inner reflection' in the lower left portion of the sight picture. The other unit did not.

I'm hoping Burris is decent on their warranty work as I'll be sending one of them back for repair. The other unit is working fine and I do like it.