Burris FastFire II or Ultradot on SBH Hunter?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I have been shooting a 2.5 power Nikon on my SBH Bisley Hunter for a while now. Recently shot a buddy's 45 Colt with the Burris FastFire II mounted and really liked it. Quick acquisition, steadier for me, balanced......so now thinking about switching over for my 44 mag SBH Hunter.

Looks like the Weigand RRHNGS mount will work as the mount and easy set up for the Burris FastFire II. http://www.jackweigand.com/Redhawk_Blackhawk_Bisley_Hunter.html

Anyone else have this combo mounted on their SBH Hunter?
Thoughts on FastFire II vs FastFire III?

Edit - so looks like the Weigand have to be drilled and taped?
How about the Weaver Base 301 as an option?
Or, just go with a Ultra Red Dot in 1" that fits right on the rings I have?
So many choices....

Thanks
Took

s4s4u

Hunter
Or, just go with a Ultra Red Dot in 1" that fits right on the rings I have?

This would be the simplest option. I had a Fastfire type sight on my Bisley for a while but find the UltraDot I have on it now to be quicker on target for me.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Thanks! The more that I research my options, that does seem like the easiest option to try out.

Hey, new guy here. I do not have a SBH, all I have is a Single Seven, in .327FM. I put a FastFire III on it, with a Weigand mount. I like the way it works. I like FastFire sights, and have four of them - a FF, two FFII, and one FFIII. I personally prefer the FFII on/off switch, it slides and is positively on or off. i have a hard time with the FFIII push on/brightness control/off button, difficult for me to tell when it actually switches off.

Just cuz I like pictures, here is what my little gun looks like

contender

Ruger Guru
I have some of both,,, and I find either of them will do what you ask of them. Figure out which one you prefer & you'll be happy!

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Update -
Received the Ultradot 1" stainless and decided to place on my Super Redhawk rather than on the SBH Hunter.
That way, figured I could compare the two side by side and the Super Redhawk came with rings. Quick, easy install.

Dialed in after the first 4 shots at about 20 yards with some light loads. Then proceeded to move to 20.2 grains 2400 with a Keith bullet at 50 yds resting on a bag of shelled corn. Put the last 3 in a 1 inch diamond so I will call that good!

Really love the Ultradot. Thanks everyone for your input!