Burris FaST fire 2 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

humdinger

Bearcat
Giys,
I saw a burris fast fire 2 at a Gander mountain and like the compact size compared to my cheap red dot. I'm thinking about putting one on my drilled and tapped Mark 2. A couple questions before I spend $200+:

1. Do you have to remove the sight to replace the batteries?
2. Can you mount it low enough to see the iron sights through the lens still? (in case batteries die or you want "co-witness sights" like the AR guys have.
3. Any performance issues I should be aware of?
4. Battery life?
Please throw me your opinions.
H

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have the JPoint, which is a the same thing with a different name and higher price. It uses the same mount. I have one on my MKIII that I use for Steel Challenge competition.

Batteries last about a year, the sight comes off easily to replace the battery and I've never had to adjust it after replacing the battery.

You won't have to worry about co witnessing, although you can leave the front sight on if you are truly worried about it dying. Its not a cheaply built unit.

Capt Gary

Bearcat
Put one on my MK III competiton/target and love it. Easy on, easy off, fast, and you can leave the open sights in place.
Get one!

marlin1881

Single-Sixer
With your drilled and tapped MKII, using the supplied weaver rail, you can mount the FastFire right on that rail. Depending on what all is included in the FastFire kit, you may have to purchase the base that fits your weaver rail.

Or, if you want to mount it a bit lower, you can leave the weaver rail off, take off the rear sight, and purchase a mount that fits in the dovetail.

I have a FastFire II on my 1911, where I've taken off the rear sight. I left the front sight on my gun, as it's useful for quick recovery on recoil after a shot.

If I put one on my MKII, I'll replace the rear sight with the FastFire. Much lower.

oldpal

Bearcat
Here is a photo of a Fastfire II on my RST-6.

RugerRST-6.jpg

Hugh

marlin1881

Single-Sixer
oldpal":1o71sids said:
Here is a photo of a Fastfire III on my RST-6.
Hugh

You actually meant FastFire II (2), correct? If it is a III (3), what are the specs from the 2nd version? The main difference with the 2nd version is that Burris made it waterproof.

Your gun looks good with it mounted that way. And, there was no need to drill and tap that fine gun you have there.

oldpal

Bearcat
marlin1881":35qcdxp8 said:
oldpal":35qcdxp8 said:
Here is a photo of a Fastfire III on my RST-6.
Hugh

You actually meant FastFire II (2), correct? If it is a III (3), what are the specs from the 2nd version? The main difference with the 2nd version is that Burris made it waterproof.

Your gun looks good with it mounted that way. And, there was no need to drill and tap that fine gun you have there.

Yes I put in too many Is. It is just a FastFire II. I have edited the original post to correct the misunderstanding.

Thanks for your kind comments on the pistol.

Hugh