BUNNIES & THE 32 MAGGIE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
My oldest son picked me up tonight for a quick little cottontail hunt, the snow was quite deep & we didn't have snow shoes so the walking was pretty tough on an old fat boy! I had on my rubber pacs but forgot the gaiters & by the time we got home I was wet clear to my hoochie! We only had about an hour so we got right to it, I made a lucky long shot on the first one, that little 100 gr cast SWC ran right into his head. Using 3 grs of WST this load runs just over 900 fps in my 6" 32 maggie, very accurate.
Bunny #2 was hunkered down under a thick piece of sagebrush & give me a nice little 15 yd shot, knocked both eyes out, they really jump in the air when you whack one in the noggin! We seen a couple of others but it was get dark fast, made a quick dash to Artic Circle & then home to clean the rabbits & let them soak overnight...tomorrow, its fried rabbit, with taters, carrots & onions! Yippee!!

100_2268.jpg

You can see they are kind of "bug" eyed! Knew a girl like that once!!

100_2269.jpg

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
'taint fair, I say, you have the worlds biggest playground right out your front door :D . You have too much fun, Dick ! I'm jealous !

Picked up the gobs today, you and callshot should have them by mid-week, along with your mold.

I think you should dress callshot up in a bunny outfit and have him hop around, with a carrot in his mouth. He might draw in some more cotton tails. And if he doesn't, you'll have something to smile at :D .

Did you save one of the rabbit eyes for callshot ? I understand he lost his other eye, the other day :D .

When I lived in NH we had cotton tails lots of fun up here in Maine We,ve got snowshoe hares they turn White in the winter pretty tough to hunt without Beagles, there quick and have great camo lol. Nice cotton tales Dick!! ps

contender

Ruger Guru
I was wondering when we'd be treated to another hunting story. Nice one sixshot! You know better than to forget the 'gators,, but I understand. When it's time to go,, we old fellows do tend to be a bit forgetful in the excitement of getting out there.
Love those 32's!

wheezengeezer

Bearcat
My 32 is an early adjustable sight gun also.I have shot 85 gr jhp's over 12 gr H110 for 1200 fps.Now I have been shooting cast 98 gr over HS6,115 gr cast over LIL'gun and a triple round ball load over 2.5 gr Unique for my sqirrel load to limit the range of misses.This load will put 3 holes within 1.5 inches of each other at 25 yards.I had this gun for over 20 years before I loaded it down and enjoy it much more than before.

sixshot

Buckeye
Well I browned the pieces of rabbit after rolling them in a mix of flour, salt, pepper, Johnnying seasoning, & garlic salt. At the same time I dumped a can of cream of mushroom soup in a pot, along with some diced mushrooms, a cup of water, some oregano, basil, couple cloves of garlic & a tea spoon of flour & brought it to a boil to somewhat thicken the broth.
Next I placed the browned rabbit pieces in the bottom of a #10 dutch oven, dumped 2 large, diced potatoes over the rabbit, along with 2 cups of diced carrots, then poured the cream of mushroom broth over the top of everything & popped it in the oven for 1 1/2 hrs at 350 degrees. Invited Callshot over for a feast along with buttermilk bisquits.
Now get out of my way, you're standing between me & my fork! :D

100_2271.jpg

Dick

Chief 101

Hunter
mm6mm6":1k8ej2j9 said:
I wanna move to Idaho!!!!!
we are all filled up, when someone moves out you can surely take his place.

Nice shootin' Dick, and an good lookin pot'o'rabbit stew.

callshot

Blackhawk
Dick did not pay me to write this, but the rabbit mulligan and biscuits were very good. Thanks dick. Sorry, the rest of you. ALL THAT STEW AND ONLY 2 FORKS. :D Steve

contender

Ruger Guru
I know better than to believe there were only 2 forks,, Miss Ruth would have one as well!
That stew looks very tasty, & I'm sure there weren't any leftovers!

Latest posts