Bullet Pullers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Kinetic hammer is what I use for all rifle and handguns. A tap or 2 on the cement floor or the flat part of a steel vise. I have replaced my once now as they can get bent and brass holders wear out. I had the RCBS bullet puller for awhile, I doubt they will wear out. But I handload about 20 different calibers and figured the collets for each round vs a hammer that works was much cheaper. But, yes they do work, I don't remember any issues using the one I owned.
Hi,

I only have a kinetic hammer tool. It works ok--make sure you have a very solid surface to strike--but is really improved if you use a shell holder from the appropriate die set to hold the case rather than relying on those rather lightweight fingers.

Rick C

RCBS kinetic hammer type, had it since the 70s. Been careful with my reloading so mostly it's used to unload ammo given to me that I want to salvage the components. Powder and primers get disposed of and I reuse bullet and cases. I usually whack it on the concrete floor.

jban357

Bearcat
The RCBS one work good. I threw the Hornady and the collates I had in the garbage.

I've used the hammer and the Hornady collet style similar to the RCBS shown. The hammer type is fine if you have 5-10 rounds and don't mind making some noise. The collet type you mount in your press will likely leave a mark on your bullets, but better than losing them and probably won't affect accuracy at less than fifteen yards. I probably would use them at greater than twenty-five yards or on game.

langenc

Single-Sixer
I use the hammer. It takes way more than "taps" for me. I am on my second one after having destroyed the first one "tapping" it. I do not save the powder. The bullets come out good.
I use a hammer.

What is the matter w/ the powder? Something we all should know?