bug bite

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Campbell8402

Bearcat
well the bug has bitten me!

before i bought my xd9 subcompact (two weeks ago) i had only shot a p95 and a 38 snub nose of my cousins. i always knew i would eventually want a gun of my own but back then i lived in IL.

now that i have my xd and i have been to the range a few times......... other people have let me shoot their guns while there.....

AND THE BUG HAS BITTEN ME!

the definate next 3 will be ......
1. 10-22
2. springfield mil spec 1911 (never had the intrest that everyone has in them until i shot one....simply put ....AMAZING)
3. a nice little 38 wheelgun

its like tattos and chips....you cant have just one!

now all i have to do is talk my wife into forking over the cash!!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Campbell8402":3425v350 said:

2. springfield mil spec 1911 (never had the intrest that everyone has in them until i shot one....simply put ....AMAZING)

Keep in mind that 1911's are like chips also ... you can't have just ONE ... LOL :D

Buy the 1911 FIRST, the 10-22 and wheel gun bug just may transform itself into ANOTHER 1911 bug.

REV

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Campbell8402, Just a thought, buy the "wife" something "first"! That's a pretty big order you want the little "cash" lady to fill!...................Dick :D

flgolfer29

Bearcat
I too am bitten by the 1911 bug. I am currently on the verge of buying a Kimber Custom TLE II at my local gun shop for $875 before tax.

welder

Buckeye
I was so happy when I found this forum. I am not alone, or crazy.

HI! my name is Alan and I have a problem. A 1911 problem.

Rev is right, you'll never settle for just one, ever.

revhigh

Hawkeye
welder":3p829f9u said:
HI! my name is Alan and I have a problem. A 1911 problem. Rev is right, you'll never settle for just one, ever.

OK .... now just settle down welder ... there's a 10 step program to help you get through this.

All you need to do is buy a 1911 at each step .... you'll get through this ... I promise !!!

REV

candybar

Bearcat
My wifes b-day was feb 8 and mine is on the 13 a couple days after hers I finally got away to get her a present so I picked up a laptop she has been wanting and well needing for some time now. when my b-day came up she didn't have anything either (we don't normally get anything for each other maybe a card but that is it.) so I simply said "well hey hunny you know the gun shop had the SR9 for about the same price as the laptop accully a little less." Now I have my SR9 but have not shot it yet been cold here in Indiana.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
revhigh":329f2utu said:
Campbell8402":329f2utu said:

Keep in mind that 1911's are like chips also ... you can't have just ONE ... LOL :D

Buy the 1911 FIRST, the 10-22 and wheel gun bug just may transform itself into ANOTHER 1911 bug.

REV

Agreed!!!
My biggest regret is when I sold one of my 1911's. It was a Custom Springfield and a super shooter, one of the smoothest guns you would ever fire.
The second gun I regret selling was my Ruger Mini-14, 223
And of course, the Colt King Cobra.

Of ALL the guns owned (many, many), at this point, those are my biggest regrets..., selling those. I wish I could have all 3 back:)
I have sold many, but I "miss" those 3 guns a lot.
Oh yeah..., the little Marlin 336 that they only made for one year with a 16" barrel. I can not even find any info on that one, just made one year, back in the 80's.

(if I keep on, I am sure I will start missing more, LOL!! I better stop now:)

revhigh

Hawkeye
NEVER sell a 1911 or a Colt !!!! :D

Especially a Colt 1911 !

REV

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Whenever I get a friend or relative over with a gun to repair, the talk always gets around to.........Hey, what kind of guns do you own? I always bring out the Colt 1911 (made in 1918) "first". Then for good measure, I drag out the Colt 1911 Commemorative right after and that's usually the last they want to see the "rest" of my guns. They'll go "gaga" over the Colt's for the next hour then it's time for them to go home. Happens this way all the time. Ya gotta love them Colt's!...........................Dick :wink:

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Yeah..., it is cool when you can out-shoot 99.9% of the people at the range, both accuracy and speed shooting because you have a custom gun...,
Eventually one by one they make their way over to find out what you have:)
Of course, I like to know what they are shooting also, just to see, as I notice how good (or bad) the gun performs. If it jams a lot, etc, etc, I know never to get one.

Now for the punch line-
The first time I shot a 1911, it was a friends Springfield that had some work done one it. He swore by it and thought I should have one too (at the time, I was a revolver guy).
Almost every shot out of his gun jammed.
He said that it had never happened before.
That turned my off semi-auto's for a long time.
We traced it to bad reloads.
Used good reloads and factory loads and it shot flawlessly.
It took a while to convience me a "semi" was a good gun...,
but once the idea rubbed off, I love my 1911's
GREAT GUNS, especially when customized for function- WOW!!!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
waynejitsu":1jvwbpau said:
Yeah..., it is cool when you can out-shoot 99.9% of the people at the range, both accuracy and speed shooting because you have a custom gun...,

I've seen a awful lot of custom or premium factory target guns that didn't shoot very accurate at all. The guns were normally fine, it was in most cases operator error. I have some very nice guns but almost all are stock, the guns that aren't stock are either by my modification or by my direction. I know what I like and I'm pretty sure about what improvements my guns could use. There are some really great semi auto's out there that can be had for a fair price and if you do your best in learning to shoot them, they will impress all around you.
....... but the only one I care to impress is myself and if I don't have a great day on the range, I was still at the range, having some fun. :D