Buffing scratches on the frame of a P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buster cat

Bearcat
After seven years of almost daily carry in not the best of conditions the old girls fiberglass frame is showing some dints dings and scratches. Want to freshen her up a bit.
Any one have ideas or information on products that I can use to polish the wear and tear away.
Thanks

Buster Cat......... :)

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
The problem is the P95, and most other plastic guns, has a profile to the surface and any buffing in of a scratch or blemish would change that area drastically compared to the unbuffed areas. I'm sure there are products out there, coatings and such, that may help or not. I would check with a good Body Shop and see if they ever try to clean up small scratched areas on plastic molded car parts

perterra

Bearcat
May be kind of apples and oranges but I had good luck polishing out scratches on a Nylon 66 stock using motorcycle windshield polish.

buster cat

Bearcat
perterra":1u2efwkj said:
May be kind of apples and oranges but I had good luck polishing out scratches on a Nylon 66 stock using motorcycle windshield polish.

Did not know they made any thing like this, sounds like it would work. Thanks :D

Buster

donw

Bearcat
in the hi desert of southern california between te
perhaps a judiciously applied CLEAR epoxy or resin might work.

apply it then work it with very fine grit wet or dry sandpaper and finish by using jewelers rouge or the motorcycle windshield restorer.

i sand blasted the front portion of my P95DC to improve the grip of my fingers...just masked off that which i didn't want blasted. but the operation must be cautious so as not to go too deeply.