Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Tap

• Another brand

• Total voters

buster cat

Bearcat
OK, I am purchasing new carry ammo. Have heard good things about each brand. [Buffalo Bore and Double Tap]
Carry hand guns are chambered for .38 special ...1and7/8" barrel
.357 mag.....4" barrel
9x19 Luger....3.9" barrel

Which brand would you go with, or may be another brand, any suggestions?

Buster Cat............

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
When it comes to self defense rounds, I am a Federal / Hornady guy. I have shot their stuff in every one of my guns and they have always fed and fired flawlessly.

patcannon

Single-Sixer
I voted Double Tap, and I carry .357 Magnum Double Tap Gold Dot (now called 'Bonded Defense' for some reason), BUT:

I've never tried Buffalo Bore, because it's expensive. Been meaning to for years, but seems like there's always something higher priority on any given payday.

And, Double Tap's velocity numbers don't relate much at all to my actual chronograph tests. I mean, 1425 fps from a 1.875" barrel? Let's just say I'd like to know the details of their test. Their numbers indicate that their .357 ammo is super duper awesome, whereas in reality it is merely just plain awesome:

doubletapvelocity.png

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
For carry, I like Speer Gold Dots and that is what I use almost exclusively...

Now, for hard hitting ammo, I really like the hardcast loads doubletap has for the 10mm, 45 Colt, and 45 Cassul. Some of those loads will quickly seperate the men from the boys!

Laserlips

Bearcat
FWIW:

I use Double-Taps in my 9mm pistols and my CS45...

Excellent ammo, performs flawlessly, and has a great reputation..

You CAN buy DoubleTap from their online website.

Good Stuff.

Jesse

Well, I take a somewhat different view than most. I figure if you find a JHP from any of the major makers, that feeds reliably, then put it where it should go, a couple of extra fps of glitzy advertizing claims really aren't necessary. But then, I always figured hitting the target was the idea, not bragging about my "special, high tech, high speed, super" ammo.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Double Tap 9mm 124 grain is my carry ammo choice. Accurate and consistent in performance.

tk

martyj

Blackhawk
Hornady tap ammo. Just because we were warned about law suits with the intent to kill rather than self defense.
Plus its accurate and reliable