Budget Custom rifle-bipod added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I decided it has been a long time since I had a rifle or handgun that was "unique" among its peers. With my budget not being what it was, I decided that since my little H & R .22 Hornet shoots as well as it does, that would be a perfect little gun to play around with and make it into a little custom gun. I ordered a bi-pod last week for it, and tomorrow I hope to start free floating the barrel. I also decided to give it a bit of a flair. Some may like it, others hate it, but this way you know the caliber. I did a pattern of a hornet on the side of the stock, burned it in with a woodburner and then colored it in black. Then I stained over the top of the design to seal it all in. It is certainly an eye catcher. Here are some pics of what it was like when I first got it, and here it is today. I will take more when the bi-pod arrives.
Picture795.jpg

Picture817.jpg

Picture816.jpg

David LaPell

Blackhawk
The Caldwell Bi-pod came in today, the barrel was free floated the other day and I may try my hand at glass bedding it but I am going to wait until I see how it does in better weather. I had to take my pics indoors because of a meteorological event.
Picture845.jpg

David LaPell

Blackhawk
This gun actually has a very nice trigger. All of these I have owned have come with decent triggers for some reason. I have not checked the pull, but there is no creep at all.