Broken grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fstsgte8

Bearcat
Recently broke alloy grip frame on my 1966 Ruger Blackhawk 357mag w/4/5/8 barrel. Sent to Ruger with understanding that it could be replaced. Well that didn't happen, and they sent it back to me, with offer to let me have a replacement model at discounted price. I said no, and they called again the next day with a free replacement offer. I"m trying to find a XR3-RED alloy grip frame . Note: it has trigger return spring and plunger hole just behind the trigger. Would I be better of taking the offer, or waiting to find part ?
I've had the gun since 1967, hard to part with.

TDF

Single-Sixer
Not hard to find that gripframe, they turn up for sale regularly around here. Ruger hasn't made the alloy version since the early 70's.

TDF

hittman

Staff member
Put a Want To Buy ad in the classified section here.

Welcome to the Forum.

cadillo

Blackhawk
Don't part with your gun. Those grip frames are out there. I've got a few extras set aside for guns I have yet to buy that may have poor finish etc. Check the classifieds and also Gunbroker. You will find one, and the Old Model is easy to swap it out.

welcome to the forum, just where is it broken?? any picture ?? and what is the condition of the frame, should be fairly easy to find another as noted above, all depends on "how" nice of one you want, condition IS everything as well as the basis for the pricing...you can even have a new model adapted to the gun using the trigger spring insert to allow a coil spring ,instead of the dog legged one, send me an e-mail and I'll see what I can come up with around here...........

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
As noted here,,, you do NOT need to lose a fine old gun for a part that is easily replaced. The hole pattern hasn't changed over the years & you can easily swap out the grip frames. Place a WTB ad here in our classifieds & I'm sure someone will have one to sell you.

Latest posts