Brass Single Six .17 Pics added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
i was at my local gun store today. He has a blued Single Six in .17 with a brass colored cylinder. Dealer claims it was factory. Does any body know anything about this combination. It has a 6" barrel. He's asking $250.00.
Serial #264-38588
174jpg.jpg
[/img]
172jpg.jpg

17jpg.jpg

173jpg.jpg

171jpg.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, we've heard of stranger things...but would need to see a pic to say yea or ney. Ruger is known from time to time to have shipped things that they weren't supposed to. Experimental guns are known to have left the factory in this way.
Please send me a PM of the sn if you can, and a pic would be good too.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Claimed it was factory and still just $250? :roll: I'd want this dealer to provide evidence of his claim.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73":2gvkfuoh said:
Claimed it was factory and still just $250? :roll: I'd want this dealer to provide evidence of his claim.

... or ... I would visit that shop on a very regular basis. I have a local shop that tends to price Ruger single actions really cheap and I always stop by when I am in the area hoping they get something I am interested in. Once in a while they do!

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I buy a lot of guns from this guy. He gives me very good deals and when something comes in he thinks I like he holds it for me. He turns a lot of guns because he sells and treats people very fair. I go in there 3 to 4 times a week because things don't stay there long.

chet15

Hawkeye
Almost looks like the cylinder has had some poor heat treating (too hot or something?) and the cylinder didn't take a normal blue. Doesn't look plated to me. Please confirm if the cylinder cone at the front of the cylinder appears to be ground "white".
Another thing I would probably do just for fun is to compare the weight of your cylinder with somebody else's blued steel .17 mag. cylinder. Any drastic weight difference and your cylinder would be made out of a different material.
Don't forget, even if it was something done special by the factory, they may not be able to verify it for you. Most of the time all the employees know is what is "standard" factory product.
But, no letter and there's no way to verify anyway.
By the way Flatgate, I do know a Henry at the factory! :D
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
chet15":1iz2xu29 said:
By the way Flatgate, I do know a Henry at the factory! :D
Chet15

:D

Does he have a Plating shop in the neighborhood?

The heat treated/unfinished parts I've seen are multi colored, for whatever that's worth......

flatgate

Latest posts